• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Graphic problems
01-11-2010, 03:01 AM,
Graphic problems
Hi All

Just loaded the matrix campaign cd and have a graphics problem. The screen is very bright, and does not work with various toggles on. For example, when reachable hexes is on, instead of darkening all those too far away, it all goes incredibly bright. (not well descibed, but you get the picture)
I've fiddled with the monitor settings but no joy (and all else seems to work fine). is this some bug with the game settings ?

Any suggestions gratefully received
Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
01-11-2010, 05:13 AM,
RE: Graphic problems
Did you upgrade to v1.04? I know there were graphics issues when the game first came out. Also, have you tried upgrading your video card driver? If not, do that last, upgrade the game first. Try setting display settings to 16 bit color, not 32 bit. In the meantime, what can you tell me about your system? Laptop, desktop, op system, monitor make and model? Does your monitor's manufacturer supply calibration software (sometimes the video card manufacturer has their own—one will override the other). How much RAM, etc, etc? Does this happen with any other apps on your computer?

Also, go to the matrixgames.com forums and post there along with the further info and check posts at that site to see if anyone had the same problem.

Good luck,
Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-12-2010, 04:31 AM,
thanks for the suggestions.
I have updated to 1.04 and put display on 16 bit, but the problem still remains.
Interestingly, I loaded WF gold, and that seems to have the same problem, so not the game itself.
the graaphics seem too bright, and when I toggle either viewable hexes or reachable hexes, it sort of goes even brighter, almost like a photo negative.
Yet everything else seems fine in both the game and on the computer.

Anyone else had thhis problem ? Or better still got any suggestions as to a solution. Game is playable as is, but not comfortable.
cheers
01-12-2010, 05:27 AM,
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1623899

That should help.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
01-12-2010, 08:48 AM,
Thanks jason, but unfortunately its not that. We are on XP not vista.
I think the problem is software ie the video card or drivers, or maybe the monitor, rather than the game itself.
The old WF has the same problem, and that use to run fine.
very frustrating as I am keen to play some more.
Whats so odd is that this all worked fine before, ie 12 months or so ago (and not helped by my complete lack of computer ability).
I'll have another look at the monitor settings.
01-12-2010, 09:19 AM,
Update for anyone who mightknow whats going on.......
I have discovered by trial and error that the problem seems to be in the pixel settings on the monitor. If I reduce the pixels, then the shaded toggle seetings seem fine (visible hexes etc), although the "look" is worse, more fuzzy, and the side of the picture has moved off screen.
getting closer but not there yet ??
Is there an ideal pixel setting ? Should I stick with 16 bit colour ?
thanks in advance
01-12-2010, 11:24 AM,
I would think 1024x768 at 16 bit would work fine. It's not a high-def ratio, that you'll have to play with if you have a high-def monitor. Hard to help at this point without being there. If you have a high-def monitor, but an older video card updating the drivers usually gives you more ratio options.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-13-2010, 04:19 AM,
Thank you Scud
All works fine at smaller pixel setting. Looks much crisper at 1400 x 900 which seems to be the default setting for the monitor, but cannot deal with any shaded hexes (as in viewable).
Anyway, think I'm fine to have a go now. Last question: how do I get my account active again ?
Thanks
01-13-2010, 04:31 AM,
Your account is active already, to get out of bootcamp all you need to do is post a result !.

alexhs Wrote:Thank you Scud
All works fine at smaller pixel setting. Looks much crisper at 1400 x 900 which seems to be the default setting for the monitor, but cannot deal with any shaded hexes (as in viewable).
Anyway, think I'm fine to have a go now. Last question: how do I get my account active again ?
Thanks
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
01-13-2010, 07:42 AM,
Excellent, thanks Antoni, now just need some new players then