• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Making scenarios for play vs AI
01-09-2010, 09:43 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-09-2010, 09:45 PM by Huib Versloot.)
Making scenarios for play vs AI
Saw the thread about Cam's new scn. Whoever is in a creative mood, use this article to your advantage.

Have fun

Huib

ps I didn't check the spelling
Quote this message in a reply
01-10-2010, 01:13 AM,
RE: Making scenarios for play vs AI
Huib,

You are the Man!!

I've been looking for just something like this article to make scenarios a bit more interesting against the A/I.

Thank you!!

Ivan the BigBig Grin
01-10-2010, 08:21 AM,
This is excellent.

Thanks, Huib!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
01-10-2010, 12:04 PM,
I've never designed a scenario. I'm not even sure where one begins. With a map? Some historical research? Or do you just make something up and see what happens?
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-10-2010, 12:08 PM,
Scud Wrote:I've never designed a scenario. I'm not even sure where one begins. With a map? Some historical research? Or do you just make something up and see what happens?

I find the easiest thing to do is to find a subject that one is interested in. A book about a particular battle that strikes your fancy.

From there, you have an order of battle that you can piece together based on your reading (creating it in the ORG editor -- *.org). You can build a map of the area using historical topographic maps or even google if you just want something to play on (creating it in the MAP editor -- *.map).

Once you have those two things completely, then you put them together as a scenario (creating it in the SCENARIO editor -- *.scn)

It really isn't a difficult process, just time consuming.

But extremely rewarding.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
01-10-2010, 02:45 PM,
Nice!

Thanks Huib. cheers
01-11-2010, 07:25 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2010, 07:27 AM by Feldgeneral Hoth.)
Thanks Huib.
Making the difference...

Chema