• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Campaign Series (please read last post first).
12-25-2009, 03:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-10-2010, 12:49 PM by Pointman.)
Campaign Series (please read last post first).
Hello all, I would like to play a campaign series scenario.I've been playing at level 6 lately.Any recruits in bootcamp interested send me an email.I would like to level up in rank.
:happy:Merry Christmas and cheersPointman.
Quote this message in a reply
12-26-2009, 04:58 AM,
RE: Campaign Series
There are all kinds of players here willing to help you out , just keep posting and reading. GL
01-10-2010, 12:40 PM,
RE: Campaign Series
It has come to my attention by another close friend who use to play CS email,that the email fog of war can be defeated.

It is possible for your opponent to view your units positions and make a record of your positions before he plays his turn.

Problem.One password is used between players.

Solution 1.Each player should have his own password.

We need a patch from matrix to change this.

I have contacted matrix before on a seperate issue.I got a response from David Heath.He was looking into it and would reply in a couple of days.Never heard from him again.That was before Christmas lol, not much help.Maybe someone in the club could help in contacting matrix for patch fix. Sincerly,Pointman.
01-10-2010, 05:55 PM,
RE: Campaign Series (please read last post first).
Uh... I think this is incorrect information. There is no vulnerability here (to my knowledge).

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
01-10-2010, 09:38 PM,
And, each player should have a separate encryption code?

cheers

RR
01-10-2010, 11:27 PM,
Hey Bruce, glad to see you made it aboard!
Team Puy Forever Bro :)
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
01-11-2010, 08:15 AM,
Hi Bruce, if I understand your post correctly I think you've misunderstood the instructions for PBEM. Your opponent needs his own password, you need another just for you. Opponents keep their passwords a secret. If you both use the same password, then yeah, I would think fog-of-war would go away, although I've never tried it.

Does that clear it up?
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-11-2010, 10:11 AM,
Yeah....having the same password or no password pretty much eliminates the FOW thingy.

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
01-11-2010, 02:53 PM,
Scud email games in cs share the same password that the creator of the scenario sets and then shares with second player when he sends the email.
If Im missing something please elaborate.
Other then that I dont see any reason to play cs email anymore.Who wants to play a game where your opponent sees your every move.And please dont bring up the honesty or honour thing up cause thats a suckers bet.
I wonder if matrix is aware of this short fall.Its an easy fix.Allow the second player to establish his own password at the end of his first turn.

Anybody up for an ip game and can set aside a day (or week lol)to play contact me.
I bought cs for my room mate and hes getting pretty good at it.My other playing buddy is coming back from Costa Rica anyday now.We have 3 online computers with a strong hub conection in the same house.Pointman.
01-11-2010, 03:15 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-11-2010, 03:15 PM by Jason Petho.)
Pointman Wrote:Scud email games in cs share the same password that the creator of the scenario sets and then shares with second player when he sends the email.
If Im missing something please elaborate.

You are mistaken, Pointman.

Each player has their own password.

The player sending you a turn should NOT send you their password.

You will set your OWN password at the end of your turn.

This way both players have individual passwords.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email