• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

John Given back online, plus new e-mail address
12-23-2009, 11:48 PM,
Thumbs_Up  John Given back online, plus new e-mail address
Hi everyone and especially my opponents;

I'm very happy to report that after precisely 3 months of internet and computer FieryHELLFiery that began on September 23rd, I am once again back online.

This time I went through the local cable company for internet access, and was able to roughly double my broadband throughput, to about 1gb per sec. (I can increase it later if I want).

After this ordeal, I've learned not to trust my ISP for e-mail, so I'm officially changing my internet address to my g-mail acount. I've already updated the new addy on my ladder profile, so I advise going there and copying it over my old e-mail addy. I will continue to check my old e-mail address maybe once a week or so (at my mom's place), but I'm not going to set up an e-mail client here, so please use my new e-mail address.

I had to buy a (refurbished) computer tower to make the change, and that means I have to install / move / copy / download everything onto the new computer all over. For this reason, my turns will not flow quickly right off the bat - that's a few days away. New OS is windows XP, so the compatility problems (with win98se) of the past are gone.

I wish to offer everyone who put up with my turn delays durning this (painful) time a heartfelt thanks. cheers
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
Quote this message in a reply
12-23-2009, 11:49 PM,
RE: John Given back online, plus new e-mail address
Welcome back!

Glad to see you up and running again.

Hawk
12-24-2009, 12:04 AM,
RE: John Given back online, plus new e-mail address
Wow! A new computer!! I never thought I'd see the day.

Glad you're back.

Dave
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email