• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Cannot run DTR in Vista
11-21-2009, 01:00 AM,
Cannot run DTR in Vista
I have downloaded the Vista fix from the HPS site but cannot get the three dll files to download into my System 32 folder. I cannot change the Administrative rights for this folder either,all options are greyed out.
Any ideas on how to get them in there.
Any and all help is appreciated.
Quote this message in a reply
11-24-2009, 01:00 AM,
RE: Cannot run DTR in Vista
I'd suggest contacting HPS support about your problem. They're usually pretty good about answering these questions.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
11-24-2009, 12:03 PM,
I did that and they cannot help me,said I need to dig in the folder and find the solution. That is what I have been doing but with no luck.
Thanks for your response, I had given up on getting anyone to respond.
11-24-2009, 02:25 PM,
If I remember right I already had the last two files and only needed to add the first one. I just can't remember if I had to do anything special to get it in the folder other then dragging it in there. You can right click on the folder and see the security and change it there to make sure you've got yourself able to edit the folder.
11-25-2009, 02:22 AM,
Are you still having issues? I do not own this game but might be able to dig up some help if you are still having issues.
11-25-2009, 03:13 AM,
Yes, I'm still unable to get the three .dll files into my System32 folder.
Cannot change the Adminstrative rights to Full.
11-25-2009, 03:37 AM,
Bill, that's not what I said - what I said was you need to get into Administrator mode - until you do that you will not be able to apply the update off our site. The digging reference was pointing you towards the Help files in Vista to make that switch. I don't run Vista so I can't walk you through that step-by-step.

Doing a search on the Microsoft knowledge base for "Administrator in Vista" returns a variety of results:

http://support.microsoft.com/search/defa...m=1&res=20

There's a lot of variables here though, like what version of Vista are you running, how your system was setup, etc. that I just can't walk you through.

Sorry, not trying to blow you off, but this is a Microsoft issue that I'm simply not equipped to resolve for you.
11-25-2009, 05:54 AM,
I stand corrected in my choice of words,wasn't putting the monkey on HPS's back either. I know how to change the Administrator settings but in this case I cannot even get into the System32 folder to do so.
Sorry for the mix up.