• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Heads up about Jison's MapMod page.
10-24-2009, 09:51 PM,
b_Exclamation Mark  Heads up about Jison's MapMod page.
Guys,
I know a number of you like Jison's map mods for PzC/MC titles, but it appears he may have to shut the site down. :(

Text copied from his homepage.......

"Closure
My Internet service provider ( Telia ) has decided to drop space for personal webpages as a service to their customers. In effect, this means they are shutting down this site, along with all other sites they are hosting, sometime at the end of 2009 or beginning of 2010 - they don't seem to have an exact date.

Anyway, I feel that I've managed to accomplish what I set out to do - to give the PzC series a new face - so this may actually be a good point in time for me to put a closure on this little project I call MapMod.

I would like to thank everyone for the fantastic response I've gotten on MapMod - you are a great bunch of people! :-)

Be sure to download everything you need for safekeeping before this site goes offline.

Thanks.
Jison"

His site is here... MapMod
Quote this message in a reply
10-25-2009, 03:43 AM,
RE: Heads up about Jison's MapMod page.
That really sucks, it's a great website with excellent mods.
10-25-2009, 03:59 AM,
Thanks for the heads up. I downloaded everything. It's too bad, I guess that means we won't enjoy mods for the next PzC/Modern Campaigns ?

But I understand Jison, nobody wants to commit for life to something like that, must be time consuming.
10-25-2009, 04:39 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2009, 04:40 AM by Volcano Man.)
Well, I am trying to get in contact with him to host his website at vmods.com --it is too good of a site to let it just go away. I understand that others are also trying to get in contact with him to make him the same offer, so if it all works out then surely one of us can figure out how to save it! :)
Send this user an email
10-25-2009, 05:22 AM,
That's good news, Ed's site would be a great home, in the end it doesn't really matter where the site is as long as it is saved. :bow:
10-25-2009, 05:58 AM,
I don't want to make any promises, but just provide some positive news that it will hopefully find a home somewhere. If not at vmods.com then hopefully somewhere else...
Send this user an email
10-25-2009, 10:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2009, 10:53 AM by Bushido.)
Gents,

Yes please find a place for Mapmod!

Mapmod and Volcanoman's works is essential stuff for PZC I don't play these games without them.
10-25-2009, 11:17 AM,
A home will be found. There is plenty of time. Something is in the works already. Jison's work is not going to disappear.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
10-25-2009, 01:11 PM,
I just found these mods this afternoon & they're spectacular. Got greedy & modded all my PzC/MC titles. Thanks Jison & Volcano Man.
.."A critical oversight that has led to yet another mouthful of poo." . Dirty Jobs with Mike Rowe
10-25-2009, 05:06 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-25-2009, 05:10 PM by Volcano Man.)
It appears that someone contacted him first to host it (I won't say who unless he wants it to be known). In any case, this is good news that the site will be saved; as long as MapMods will not go away I am happy. :)

It is good to see everyone eager to help. Apparently there is no shortage of people offering to host it.
Send this user an email