• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sicily Campaign -- worth playing?
10-22-2009, 12:52 PM,
Sicily Campaign -- worth playing?
Anyone have opinions about how fun the Sicily Campaign is? Any wisdom I should know before messing with it?
Quote this message in a reply
10-22-2009, 01:04 PM,
RE: Sicily Campaign -- worth playing?
Vaevictis Wrote:Anyone have opinions about how fun the Sicily Campaign is? Any wisdom I should know before messing with it?

Make sure you Update the game with the latest update from the HPS Website - there was an issue with some axis reinforcement that were FIX Troops. This ws corrected on the update.

Glenn
Send this user an email
10-22-2009, 01:18 PM,
Not sure how much fun it is for the Axis but I found it challenging and fun as the Allied player. Trying to find the weak spot in the Axis line so you can do something beside grind it out made for an interesting game.
10-22-2009, 02:35 PM,
Sicily as the Allies if fighting two enemies. The Axis forces and the terrain.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
10-22-2009, 09:24 PM,
Sicily is for sluggers, it's also a game of finese, not maneuvering finese but finese in many ways.

I enjoyed my Sicily game.
10-23-2009, 01:42 AM,
I might also add that it is worth looking at the designer notes of this game too - all games for that matter but there is a bit of an explanation of why things such as Air interdiction work here. It might help with your enjoyment.
Send this user an email
10-23-2009, 02:40 AM,
I played a CG that lasted 250 turns and enjoyed it very much, i see no reason you would not enjoy it unless you only like Blitzkrieg type scenarios.

As Axis player the only irritation was moving the coastal div's into position only for them to sneak off home when i was not looking! LOL

I agree with all the other comments made, but in my experience you might want to consider using explicit supply or if that is too many extra units VST, using the default supply favours the Allies IMO.
10-23-2009, 05:17 AM,
Foul. Wrote:I played a CG that lasted 250 turns and enjoyed it very much, i see no reason you would not enjoy it unless you only like Blitzkrieg type scenarios.

As Axis player the only irritation was moving the coastal div's into position only for them to sneak off home when i was not looking! LOL

I agree with all the other comments made, but in my experience you might want to consider using explicit supply or if that is too many extra units VST, using the default supply favours the Allies IMO.

I agree completely with Foul here and the point about the disappearing coastal divisions is indeed very valid but one of those things explained in the Notes I previously mentions. These Italain formations pretty much melted.

On supply - certainly I would NOT use default supply - either VST at the least or Exp Supply if your into it.

Glenn
Send this user an email
10-23-2009, 05:48 AM,
Thank you for all the fine tips.
10-24-2009, 10:49 PM,
You should also download some map mods from Glenn's site; the map is hard to read and can be vastly improved by using some of the road, rr, river/bridge and rough terrain upgrades.

Marquo