• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Shortcut for unit details ?
10-04-2009, 11:54 PM,
Shortcut for unit details ?
I am wondering if there is any keyboard shortcut that can be used to show unit details ? You always need to move your mouse into the Unit area to right-click to see unit details and then move back where you were on the map to continue to do what you were doing... it would be nice to have to simply press a key to show unit details.
Quote this message in a reply
10-05-2009, 03:29 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-05-2009, 03:31 AM by Liebchen.)
RE: Shortcut for unit details ?
Well I, for one, have long wanted a keyboard shortcut that would highlight reachable hexes, instead of having to click a tiny little button on the top of the screen.

FWIW, from my reading of this MB for several years now, it is my understanding that hotkeys and such are embedded in the software and, therefore, no changes are to be expected. I wish it were otherwise (and hope that someone more knowledgeable will correct me on this), but will take what they're offering considering all of the pluses these games offer.
10-05-2009, 05:22 AM,
Liebchen Wrote:Well I, for one, have long wanted a keyboard shortcut that would highlight reachable hexes, instead of having to click a tiny little button on the top of the screen.

FWIW, from my reading of this MB for several years now, it is my understanding that hotkeys and such are embedded in the software and, therefore, no changes are to be expected. I wish it were otherwise (and hope that someone more knowledgeable will correct me on this), but will take what they're offering considering all of the pluses these games offer.

I think you will find the hot key 'y' will show reachable hexes
10-05-2009, 05:41 AM,
No sh*t!? Thanks for the tip. Don't know why I couldn't find that before.
10-05-2009, 06:57 AM,
It's a pity that there aren't hot keys for the editors...
10-05-2009, 08:49 AM,
Or a hotkey for "save movement cost."
10-05-2009, 11:46 AM,
or a hot key to show hot keys :)
10-05-2009, 03:41 PM,
P.Ako Wrote:It's a pity that there aren't hot keys for the editors...

Ya - pity - best not look at help in Pcedit \ Other features = > HOt Keys.

Shift Key - display the on-map labels while this key is pressed.
Space Bar - display the Selection Dialog (useful in Full Screen mode).

F1 - invoke General Help (display this help file).
F2 – display the Parameter Data Dialog.
A – toggle the Stockpiled status of selected units.
B - move the selected units backward in the Hot Spot hex (Note: this only has a visible effect in the 3D graphics mode).
C – combine or breakdown the selected units.
D – decrease the strength of the selected units by 1. If you hold down the Alt key while pressing this key, then the strength is decreased by 10.

E – toggle the Fixed status of selected units.
F - move the selected units forward in the Hot Spot hex (Note: this only has a visible effect in the 3D graphics mode).
H – toggle display of maximum range of selected units.
I – increase the strength of the selected units by 1. If you hold down the Alt key while pressing this key, then the strength is increased by 10.
J – display the Jump Dialog.
L - turn the selected units counterclockwise.

O - highlights the Organization for the selected unit. If an organization is currently selected and you hold down the Alt key when invoking this function, then the next higher organization is selected.
P – display the Organization Dialog.
Q – highlights HQ units on the map.
R - turn the selected units clockwise.
S – shade Visible Hexes from the current Hot Spot.
T – toggle Travel Mode for the selected units (see the View Menu).

V – toggle the display of Divisional Markings (see the View Menu).
W – highlights Indirect Fire Spotters (see the View Menu).
X - remove the selected units from the map.
Z – toggle Full Screen Mode (see the View Menu).
1 - display the map in Zoom-Out 2D mode.
2 - display the map in Normal 2D mode.
3 - display the map in Zoom-Out 3D mode.
4 - display the map in Normal 3D mode.
Send this user an email
10-06-2009, 12:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-06-2009, 12:17 PM by SuperIke.)
This is where I look at first to check if there would be a hot key for unit details, but alas, there was none. I think the 2 functions for which I would really like hot keys are showing unit details, and showing units with Used Movement points.

Come to think of it, isn't there any software in which you can "record" mouse clicks in menus or buttons and then assign them a hot key or macro ? That way, you can create new hot keys for buttons of functions not covered...
10-06-2009, 02:23 PM,
If you learn the hotkeys, just try playing other HPS games. They are, um, a bit sparse on hotkey implementations.