• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Help!
10-04-2009, 07:38 AM,
Help!
As you may know, I am not confident with computers beyond the operating level. Yesterday, I had all kinds of problems, so I got it into my head to unload stuff that I had the capacity to reload, so I dumped JTCS and TS, as I have the disks for all these. Reloaded TS OK, thought I had reloaded JTCS OK, with updates, but I am missing in the RS OOBs the new countries such as Nationalist China, Mongolia etc. I thought these were part of V1.04, which I thought I had downloaded.

Any ideas?
Quote this message in a reply
10-04-2009, 07:53 AM,
RE: Help!
Rod,

Do a quick check from the Matrix JTCS game main screen.
Under East Front, West Front, Rising Sun, and Game Manual links is the "Update" link.
If you click on it you will see if you have downloaded the latest patch. I just tried it and it told me had all the upgrades.

If not http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/john...index.html has a link to download the latest patch.

Good luck. cheers

RR
10-04-2009, 08:24 AM,
Thanks Ed....I have those pages, I click the download button, but nothing seems to happen..... I get no evidence that V1.04 is actually loaded.
10-04-2009, 08:43 AM,
Try a full new download and install

Just guessing here :-)
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
10-04-2009, 09:23 AM,
With my disk?
10-04-2009, 09:30 AM,
I have some version of JTCS loaded...presumably the disk version, as apart from the missing RS countries, there are only the four original optional rules available, which tells me I don't have V1.04, despite clickinh update buttons
10-04-2009, 11:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2009, 11:08 AM by 1925frank.)
I think Matrix has a "Members" page where you can download patches. I bought Matrix CS when it first issued, so my disk wouldn't have any of the patches. I don't know why the "Upgrade" button wouldn't work, but I'd download the patch and see if that makes a difference.

Well, here's a guess why the "Upgrade" button wouldn't work. You downloaded the patches previously, so perhaps there's some remnant that is telling your computer you've got all the patches, when, in fact, the bulk of the patched files were uninstalled. Or perhaps when you reinstalled the disk, it overroad some of the patched files. You'd want the patched files to overwrite the disk files.

If you download the patch, when installing, you'll be prompted with whether you want to overwrite some files, and the answer would be yes.
10-04-2009, 09:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-04-2009, 09:22 PM by Herr Straße Laufer.)
Good points Frank. :)
I think the game spot has the latest patch too.
If Rod cannot get his Matrix member page to work? Like I could not get mine to work. :rolleyes:

cheers

RR
10-05-2009, 01:49 AM,
If I recall correctly, the upgrade button didn't work on v1.0. It was fixed with a later patch. I had to reinstall not long ago, but I don't remember what I did. Logically I reinstalled from my disk, then downloaded the 1.04 upgade from the Matrix site.

Be nice if all the patches could be stored here at the Blitz as well as at Matrix.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
10-05-2009, 04:20 AM,
I have downloaded everthing from the Matrix website as it became available. Never used a disk. I think you can download from the site using the code from Matrix.
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."