• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Open Team Battle - Round 2
10-01-2009, 02:57 AM,
Open Team Battle - Round 2
This thread is for posting turns, and discussion about the battle.

Please DO NOT download a game file unless you are the person playing the turn.

At the end of the battle we will publish the passwords and anyone can download any turn to access and review the situation.

The battle is between two teams:

The German team leader is Seabolt, the British team leader is Cross.

Team members will want to post on this thread, so they get notified when there’s new posts/turns.

Roughly the same rules as before:
• A player cannot play two turns in row
• An individual player cannot play more than a total of nine turns in the entire battle.
• Players should only download the turn when they are ready to play it; so we can expect the turn to be re-posted an hour or two after it’s downloaded. No downloading the turn, and then sitting on it. If a player takes more than two hours from the time of his post claiming the turn to the time of his posting the completed turn, his team will be penalized*.
• Players not playing a turn, must not download the turn, not even to view the replay.

Teams must rely on situation reports (sent via email) to keep them informed.

The setting is July 1944, Caen area, 25 turns, 3300 points each, and preferences included 10 (yes ten) air sorties.

---

Seabolt did the setup and played turn 1a, I have now played turn 1b for the British team.

I’ve attached the files ready for a German team member to download:

Good luck!
Quote this message in a reply
10-01-2009, 05:27 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-01-2009, 06:24 AM by 2ndLt_Fjun.)
RE: Open Team Battle - Round 2
I'm on it for the Germans.

Edit: Just showing how well-armed we are in terms of smoke.. :smoke:
10-01-2009, 07:04 AM,
Just posting to get e-mail notifications. Too late to play.
10-01-2009, 11:27 AM,
Just posting to be removed from everyone's group email.
Not playing this round.

Good luck to those who are.

Hurrah!
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
10-02-2009, 12:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2009, 02:03 AM by zeiss.)
I'm continuing the show for the British. Huzzah!
Divided Ground no-CD & DGVN exe: here

[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
10-02-2009, 04:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2009, 05:29 AM by seabolt.)
Hm, no snarky comments with the return of the files. I'll take that as a good sign.

I have turn 3a.

EDIT: I'm not gonna lie, that one stung a bit. Nice airstrike.
10-02-2009, 08:19 AM,
Whoever downloaded needs to claim the turn for Team UK. That's how it works. Post first, download second, edit and upload third.
10-02-2009, 08:29 AM,
seabolt Wrote:Whoever downloaded needs to claim the turn for Team UK. That's how it works. Post first, download second, edit and upload third.

I was about to download the turn myself when I saw that it had one download.

Can't be Zeiss, who just took a turn. Jasper is caught up in family celebrations for the next few days, so I doubt it's him.

I'll leave the turn alone for hour or two, just in case Gila downloaded but forgot to post. Otherwise it could have been anybody...good luck cracking the password :chin:
10-02-2009, 08:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2009, 08:52 AM by Gila.)
It was *I* sorry didn't know that rule,my apologizes, everyone calm down.
10-02-2009, 09:21 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-02-2009, 09:26 AM by Cross.)
Gila Wrote:It was *I* sorry didn't know that rule,my apologizes, everyone calm down.

Not a problem Gila. It all worked out.

I should probably have highlighted that rule for you, as it was buried among lots of info in the "Intro and Rules' doc I sent you. Anyway, to save you having to search it out, it says:

Downloading Turns
• If players check/tick the Email notification box on the forum thread, they’ll know as soon as there’s a new post.
• The first person on your team to download the turn, gets to play it.
• When a player intends to download the turn, they post on the thread so everyone knows who has the turn, and so no one else tries to play the same turn. THEN download the turn AFTER your post appears on the thread. If two or more team members post claiming the turn, the first poster gets the turn and is the only one who should download it.

I'll look forward to hearing how your turn went. And how the RAF made out. I'm jealous that you got to see what sounds like a successful air attack. I would have liked to tell Seabolt that I watched it over and over again Big Grin

ps. The files (turn 4a) are ready for someone on the German team.