• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Is Jack_Lee Still a Member?
09-25-2009, 10:49 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2009, 10:50 AM by Riley D. Smith.)
Is Jack_Lee Still a Member?
I was playing "The Battle at Chau Nhai" against Jack_Lee back around May or June (about 1/3 the way through the scenario). He had some computer issues and we put the game on hold.

I have emailed him w/no response and at this point don't even see his name in the data base any longer.

I was doing pretty well in the scenario (was one or two turns from cresting the ridge in the south into the village and attacking the VC forces there). I'd like to continue the game but looks like a moot point.

Is there any way to recoup game points here or do I just rack it up as a bad match up and move on?
Quote this message in a reply
09-25-2009, 11:43 AM,
RE: Is Jack_Lee Still a Member?
IIRC if you make an effort to contact the player and he does not reply you can report the game. It seems like I saw in the rules that the time period is one month.
09-25-2009, 08:41 PM,
Right. The problem is that I don't see his name in the data base any longer.
09-25-2009, 09:47 PM,
Dang...I did not catch that.

You may be out of luck. I've had that happen several times on the PC ladder.
09-25-2009, 10:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-25-2009, 11:44 PM by TheBigRedOne.)
Riley D. Smith Wrote:I was playing "The Battle at Chau Nhai" against Jack_Lee back around May or June (about 1/3 the way through the scenario). He had some computer issues and we put the game on hold.

I have emailed him w/no response and at this point don't even see his name in the data base any longer.

I was doing pretty well in the scenario (was one or two turns from cresting the ridge in the south into the village and attacking the VC forces there). I'd like to continue the game but looks like a moot point.

Is there any way to recoup game points here or do I just rack it up as a bad match up and move on?

Riley,

He was a boot-camp member whose account was deleted after >3 months of inactivity. This was in December of last year, however, so I don't know if he didn't realize he had been deleted when he started your match.

Ladder Rules do state that he has a month to get back in the game before you can take a win. Because he no longer on the ladder and has seemingly vanished, I am giving you permission to use the "Blitz Shadow Player" as your opponent and record the win. All I ask is next time give Dennis and I a heads up that your opponent has gone AWOL.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
09-26-2009, 11:09 AM,
Thumbs_Up  RE: Is Jack_Lee Still a Member?
Thanks for the leniency. Kind of an odd situation.