• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Creation MAP in Modern Campaigns and Panzer Campaigns.
09-09-2009, 07:41 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-09-2009, 07:42 PM by Epoletov [SPR]..)
Creation MAP in Modern Campaigns and Panzer Campaigns.
Whether it will be sometime possible ? :bow:

It would give development to games as would be done new scenario.
Now it is the big defect of these games.
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
09-10-2009, 12:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2009, 12:53 AM by P.Ako.)
RE: Creation MAP in Modern Campaigns and Panzer Campaigns.
When the guys in HPS decides that they want to release a map editor....
09-10-2009, 05:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-10-2009, 05:05 AM by Hans Boersma.)
...which would be on the same day they file for bankruptcy.
Send this user an email
09-10-2009, 06:40 AM,
Exactly Hans. A map editor will never be released since there would no longer be a reason to buy new titles in the series. One could just create their own. :pirate:

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
09-10-2009, 08:43 AM,
It is a pity, if it is the truth ...
In "Steel Panthers" and not only with it there are no problems. :whis:

Are interchangeable map in "Panzer Campaign" and "Modern Campaign" ?

I can map take the USSR from PzC and use it in MC ? :stir:
Send this user an email
09-10-2009, 08:52 AM,
Epoletov [SPR Wrote:.]
It is a pity, if it is the truth ...
In "Steel Panthers" and not only with it there are no problems. :whis:

Are interchangeable map in "Panzer Campaign" and "Modern Campaign" ?

I can map take the USSR from PzC and use it in MC ? :stir:

PzC and MC was never built or Marketed as a BUILT your own game. If you buy Normandy - you get to play and build anything you like - as long as it is in Normandy. Same with every title. You buy the Map, the OOB and a Scn pack which includes Scns for the battle being studied. Most games come with new rules added that might be required to make that title work better. Out of coutesy - we then make those rules available in all titles after an update.

If you are interested in a Operational Game where you can build your own Maps from scratch and build your own OOBs ect so that you can fashion your own battle using the rules provided try the Operational Art of War. Panzer Campaigns is NOT that and won't be.

Glenn
Send this user an email
09-10-2009, 03:25 PM,
ООBs it is possible correct and the map isn't present. It is a pity
Send this user an email
09-11-2009, 03:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2009, 03:59 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
Ostland [SPR Wrote:]
ООBs it is possible correct and the map isn't present. It is a pity

Not so - if you have a correction you can always email HPS Support - we can look at our period Master BMP file for the map and if your change is supported by our source map, than we'll make it.

In fact there is a recent post:
https://www.theblitz.club/message_boards...?tid=52545

Where a player accidentially discovered that a new crossing was made on the Dniepr River in the Korsun game. I didn't recall the circumstances, but clearly the crossing was not on the map when the game was released.

There are also examples where map extensions and additions have been made to games - in Alamein we even provided a new Map for Operation Compass because it was never going to be a new game covering this.

But you can't make your own map - and I don't see that as a pity or a problem - rather it is something beyond the scope of the game you bought. Not everything in this game such as the rules in the program you can't change. There are many games by other companies which don't allow you to build you own completely new game from their program. But there are many things you can do in PzC that you can't do it other games systems.

I guess if you don't like the approach, that you can always get someone elses games. But by all means send in any thing you feel is incorrect on the map and we'll look at it. Can't promise that it will change, but I can be certain that it will be evaluated. Same with OOBs for that matter.

Glenn
Send this user an email
09-11-2009, 04:04 AM,
Well, then you could release some map expansions for Danube Front '85 right?? covering the whole Austria and whole Denmark maybe??

Would you release a map editor in the case that you decide to abandon the PzC/MC engine for a diferent one? (meaning that there will not more official support for it)
09-11-2009, 05:14 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-11-2009, 05:17 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
P.Ako Wrote:Well, then you could release some map expansions for Danube Front '85 right?? covering the whole Austria and whole Denmark maybe??

In my last response I addressed Map FIXES - adding all of Austria and Denmark is not a fix - it is a significant increase in map area.

No - I don't think we're going to do that. But if you or anyone have any of those "map corrections" referred to in the post above - please send them.

Quote:Would you release a map editor in the case that you decide to abandon the PzC/MC engine for a diferent one? (meaning that there will not more official support for it)

There are no plans to abandon the PzC/MC Engine for a new one so there is little point in pursuing the discussion further.

Glenn
Send this user an email