• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Holy Grail of War Gaming
08-31-2009, 12:02 PM,
Holy Grail of War Gaming
FYI -

It seem like Gary Grigsby - produced the classic War in Russia (WIR) - is soon to release what is being touted as the Holy Grail of computer war games - War in the East. The screen shots and hype on the MATRIX website are remarkable. I found this amazing link to a Russian 1941 map in WIE forum -

http://www.krunch.ru/mapsonline.htm

Between HPS OPS and this Grigsy's division level recreation of the whole shooting match, life is good - er, excellent. :)

Marquo
Quote this message in a reply
08-31-2009, 02:51 PM,
RE: Holy Grail of War Gaming
Looks good, alright.
09-01-2009, 02:33 AM,
Anybody who's into the HPS visual wargaming is going to be disappointed with any game designed by Gary. He's still in the stone age, with multitudinous charts with lots to read on them. He doesn't get it. He's never gotten it. Jonny
09-01-2009, 03:41 AM,
Really looking forward to this one as nothing in the history of warfare fascinate me more than Operation Barbarossa.

Jison
Send this user an email
09-01-2009, 05:21 AM,
I hope it works,the original game had loads of bugs that buggered the game up. If they have sorted out all these it could be good game and I would buy it:-)
09-01-2009, 05:33 AM,
jonnymacbrown Wrote:Anybody who's into the HPS visual wargaming is going to be disappointed with any game designed by Gary. He's still in the stone age, with multitudinous charts with lots to read on them. He doesn't get it. He's never gotten it. Jonny

He may not get graphics, but he knows what war game more people want to play than any other. This game will be huge.
09-01-2009, 07:12 AM,
Division level combat for the whole Eastern front in WWII is certainly my Holy Grail in wargaming. However after the Matrix EIA debacle I am reluctant to get too excited about anything they produce. Still if its successful I will be there. I had hoped HPS may do this game with TWIE but I am beginning to think they are not really pushing TWIE toward campaigns. So the Grisby game may be the only contender.
09-01-2009, 09:39 AM,
The graphics of WIR were mundane - and that is polite. The graphics in WItE seem outstanding.
http://www.matrixgames.com/products/372/....1941-1945

Anyway, I am eagerly waiting this to compliment OPS.

Marquo :)
09-01-2009, 10:01 AM,
jonnymacbrown Wrote:Anybody who's into the HPS visual wargaming is going to be disappointed with any game designed by Gary. He's still in the stone age, with multitudinous charts with lots to read on them. He doesn't get it. He's never gotten it. Jonny

Ive played War in the Pacific for awhile now and found yes it had some flaws in CAP and surface combat and ive purchase the Admirals Edition and even though i havnt sat down yet and really gotten into it i have played around with it and found it to be much improved over the original in many areas including CAP and surface combat and even after that said i thought the original was one of the most detailed games ive ever played and i loved it, i like all the details and charts. If it didnt take so long to play it would have been one of the best games ever, i have it right up there in the top 5 on my list, looking forward to another detailed game from Gary.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
09-02-2009, 12:23 AM,
I loved the detail in Uncommon Valor. Admiral's Edition is on my list for purchase some day. The East Front, West Front, Med or any other front would be also. I think it would be cool to see the same thing for a WWIII. I wonder why that kind of detail wasn't used for an ACW game, which could also lead on to others like Naps and EAW as well. Don't know about Ancients.