• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

SB discussions in Italy
08-28-2009, 11:03 PM,
SB discussions in Italy
Thought this was kinda cool, and shows the reach of SB across the globe, although all you have to do is look around and we've got guys from the UK, Portugal, New Zealand, Turkey and a host of other countries on the forum/ladder...

As the webmaster over at TFE4, if someone clicks on the site from within another site, I can 'see' where it's coming from. This one caught my attention:

http://netwargamingitalia.net/forum/show...hp?t=11959

If only I knew Italian!

Ciao!

A
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
08-30-2009, 01:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2009, 01:59 AM by billk1.)
RE: SB discussions in Italy
If you get the Goggle Toolbar there is a translation button you hit and it translates the whole site,any site not written in English.

I checked the site out but could not find where in Italy it is coming from. They have some good discussions though.
08-30-2009, 03:02 AM,
Thanks for the tip, very cool!
08-30-2009, 03:06 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2009, 03:07 AM by MasnarT.)
i know that HPS simulations SB and Operational campaigns has many fans around the World..
i start playing in 99-2000 ... and pbem play in 2008, i still didn't find any guy from the whole Middle East to play with LOL (beside ME !) ... although the Middle East - as you may Know - is a very "HOT" region ;)
Dany "BigBlock" Sakr
Beirut / Lebanon
Send this user an email
08-30-2009, 10:13 AM,
The SB covers a very wide region, that's for sure, which is a testament to the concept of small unit tactics. I've enjoyed learning about different part of the world by simply PBEMing. Made some friends along the way as well that has transcended wargaming.
08-30-2009, 06:18 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-30-2009, 06:31 PM by zap.)
The editor and a writer are from Turin,Italy(Northern Part)
Hi Bill, so this is where you hang out.

I recognize them they also post at the MAtrix forums

Heres a tatse of what they were saying

Ciao,
somiglia molto a John Tiller's Campaign series della matrix. L'ho trovato un po' semplice per i miei gusti. Questo com'è?
Hi,
It looks a lot like JTCS from Matrix. I found it to be somewhat simple for my taste.

La serie Squad Battles è molto più carina... in pratica una unità può rappresentare anche un singolo uomo, normalmente una squadra da 2 a 15 persone o un leader. Tutto molto realistico, e hanno aggiornato con numerose patch i primi titoli, portandoli a uno standard all'incirca omogeneo.
Ti do un consiglio: vai sul sito della HPS simulations, zona updates, e ti scarichi l'eseguibile che aggiorna il manuale utente di Soviet-Afghan War. E' il manuale più aggiornato di tutta la serie. Poi mi dici che ne pensi.

The squad battle series is much more likeable... in practice it could represent one man, normally a squad of 2 to 15 persons or a leader. Very realistic, and have updated with numerous patches the first titles,making it all incompassing and homogenous. i suggest you go to the HPS site, zone updates and you download the update manual of the Soviet-Afgan War. It is the most updated manual of the series. Tell me what you think of it.

My Italian is a little rusty but I pulled out my dictionary

Zap
08-30-2009, 08:33 PM,
Hey Zap, how are the tournaments coming along?
08-31-2009, 12:11 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2009, 12:15 AM by zap.)
Hi Bill,

First tournament ever for me. Just finished, with an opponent who is somewhat in my range of skill. Did okay. I noticed a few very good players. I'll see how badly I will get spanked. But I'm enjoying the Tournaments.

Talking about how the games are all over the world. I'm a member of a site in Spain. CS series,CM, Taow are discussed there as well.