• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Opponent wanted (Budapest45)
08-18-2009, 05:49 PM,
Opponent wanted (Budapest45)
Hi, I am looking for an opponent in a Budapest45 game, preferrable i play as Russian, Konrad long campaign ALT HTH scenario.

I like these settings, but ofcourse only if you like them too (allthough according to volcano these settings is the most balanced for this scenario):

Alt Indirect Fire resolution
Alt Air Strike resolution
Alt Assault resolution
Artillery setup
Recon spotting
VST
Low visibility Air effects
Quality Fatigue modifier
Indirect fire and airstrikes by the map
Counterbattery fire
Night fatigue
Explicit suply (allthough dont think its active in this scenario)
Limited Air recon

As i am no grognard whatsoever, more like a late-stage noob, i would like a opposition of similair experience, but again, not a must!

A long game yes, but i am dedicated and generally bounce back several turns a day, if you do it too, the merrier! :-)

Axis start, so just set up and mail first turn to [email protected] i may handle more than 1 campaign, and if slots gets full ill let ya know!

Cheers big Ears!
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2009, 05:54 PM,
RE: Opponent wanted (Budapest45)
PBM No File Save would be good if possible, to terminate any reload-gameys!
08-19-2009, 05:32 PM,
No takers?

Is the scenario unbalanced ?

I need to get a game going, anybody outthere with any suggestion of a game let me know.. or maybe theblizt is nto as active as it has been?

:-/
08-20-2009, 05:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-20-2009, 08:06 AM by Mr Grumpy.)
Ola,
A few points that might help you find a game...

1) This is a very large game and by asking for this scenario specifically you are going to have to be patient to find a willing opponent to commit to playing you for maybe a couple of years. :)

2) B45 is possibly not the most popular title on this ladder. :chin:

3) By asking for 'no file save' you are again asking your opponent to commit to very long sittings at the PC and by suggesting they might reload the scenario will not help your case much either. ;)

4) Your list of suggested Opt rules for _Alt scenarios is incorrect, you have included Alt Indirect Fire resolution ,Alt Air Strike resolution and Indirect fire and airstrikes by the map and missed out Programmed weather.

The correct list is....
Alt Assault resolution
Artillery setup
Recon spotting
VST
Low visibility Air effects
Quality Fatigue modifier (if the title allows it)
Programmed weather
Counterbattery fire
Night fatigue
Explicit supply (if the scenario allows it, otherwise VST)
Limited Air recon

There is a 'sticky thread' here VM thread that explains which _Alt rules to use.

Hope that helps and good luck finding a opponent. ;)
08-20-2009, 08:43 AM,
He, he looks like all Ola's are very impatient. at least I am Big Grin:smoke:

And I am swamped in big PZC campaigns I have no time for this one.

Good luck!

Ola ;)
08-20-2009, 09:40 AM,
Thanks for the hints! , allthough id say its not that big scenario, a pretty small map and lots of locked units relesed very late, so its pretty fastpaced acually. Longer campaigns allows more free tactics, thus more fog of war which to me is very important.

I left programmed weather unchecked for the more random unpredicted factor, to simulate real life event, they who fought there at the time didnt know what weather was coming now did they? ;-)

Those extra Alt rules was fun in my other game and worked well, but does really not matter to me, either is fine.

Neverless, any takers are free to suggest any rules of engagement! (i will win anyway ;-) HeHe *said jokingly*)
08-21-2009, 04:51 AM,
I'll except the challenge.

Let's use the rules Mr. Foul posted.

I'd perfer not using "no save" for the reason stated above.
08-21-2009, 05:56 AM,
barnacle bob Wrote:Let's use the rules Mr. Foul posted.

Good idea, Volcano Man states quite clearly you must use the Opt rules he has indicated to achieve the intended _Alt results. ;)
08-21-2009, 02:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-21-2009, 02:15 PM by Liquid_Sky.)
Actually, the No-Save option is only used on your own computer if it is set. You would never know anyways, if your opponent is using it or not.

I have played this campaign..it is a lot of fun! You have to be bold as the axis, and use your mobility to its best advantage, or the slow moving artillery will blow you to pieces...

Also, beware the 6th gds tank army in the north. It comes on as a reinforcement with bridges already built across the river. Was a nasty suprise to me when it happened.
08-21-2009, 02:29 PM,
Liquid_Sky Wrote:Actually, the No-Save option is only used on your own computer if it is set. You would never know anyways, if your opponent is using it or not.
Are you sure about that? My experience is that it is set and carries through for both sides for the balance of the game once set, and this from more than one time having it happen.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]