• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Strategy Page wargame store.....
08-18-2009, 05:13 AM,
Strategy Page wargame store.....
I was thinking of picking up an HPS title and am wondering if anyone has made use of the Wargame store at the Strategy Page website. They offer tempting discounts in the 15-25% range and free shipping but I don't know how reliable they are. Anyone have any experience with them? Here's the link.

http://www.strategypage.com/strategypage...ompany.asp

Thanks,

/TJD
Quote this message in a reply
08-18-2009, 07:47 AM,
RE: Strategy Page wargame store.....
I haven't, but thanks for the link. The prices look really good.
Send this user an email
08-18-2009, 10:06 PM,
Strategy Page is affiliated with some of the people who created and ran SPI Board Games in the 70s, so you can rest assured on their reputation.

But if price is what you're after, the consistently lowest priced place for HPS games in the US is NWS Online Gaming. http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/

Currently all HPS titles are on sale for $29.99 or less, and they are very reliable.
08-18-2009, 10:49 PM,
steel god Wrote:Strategy Page is affiliated with some of the people who created and ran SPI Board Games in the 70s, so you can rest assured on their reputation.

But if price is what you're after, the consistently lowest priced place for HPS games in the US is NWS Online Gaming. http://yhst-12000246778232.stores.yahoo.net/

Currently all HPS titles are on sale for $29.99 or less, and they are very reliable.

Outstanding, SG! Thanks very much for the link. Great sale price.

Best,

/TJD
08-19-2009, 02:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2009, 02:21 AM by Panzer VI.)
+1 Million for NWS.Great service, great price.I've gotten like 20 games from them never had a problem.
08-19-2009, 02:25 AM,
Panzer VI Wrote:+1 Million for NWS.Great service, great price.I've gotten like 20 games from them never had a problem.

Excellent. I just placed an order with them about an hour ago. Looking forward!

Thanks!

/TJD
08-19-2009, 04:51 AM,
I have ordered all of my Squad Battles games from NWS rather than from HPS because it is 40% less at NWS ($30 vs. $50), the delivery has been very quick and I have never had an issue at all.

However I was just wondering, does anyone know why the prices at NWS are so much lower than at HPS? Do the SB games from HPS come with hardcopy manuals (whereas you only get the CD from NWS)?
08-19-2009, 04:57 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-19-2009, 04:58 AM by Steel God.)
Games purchased from NWS are exactly the same as games purchased directly from HPS (neither comes with a hard copy manual). My guess is that NWS is merely buying in bulk from HPS and getting a large discount as result, which they in turn pass on a portion of it to their customers to boost market share. A time honored capitalist tradition ;)
08-19-2009, 06:36 AM,
Good to know, thanks!

Bill