RE: HPS Jutland online MP battle
Well I will say I am in!
[Image: Tiger-Sig2.jpg]
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
08-11-2009, 12:17 AM,
Hi Marcus,

check this link for design mods and additional custom scenarios.

http://www.navalcampaigns.org/

Welcome aboard, Klaus
Sic transit Gloria Mundi !
08-11-2009, 11:32 AM,
If I do not have the weekend duty CMI - BTW what is the air battles - Ie. combat flight sims played?

Yes do check out the link Jolly Roger posted, as there are many a fine battle to be found there :rolleyes:
Ehre vor Stolz und Stolz vor Schmach!
Honor before Pride and Pride before Dishonor!
08-11-2009, 10:37 PM,
Gentlemen,

welcome our newest member, Pat is a Veteran from the Naval Campaign Club !

To be honest, I don´t own the listed air battles.
12° Clock High by Gary Grisby is considered a good one.

Cheers, Klaus
08-12-2009, 12:44 AM,
Welcome aboard Papaw!

The two air games sponsored by the Sea & Air Combat ladder at the Blitz are 12 O'Clock High, and Battle of Britain....neither is a flight or combat sim; both are air combat strategy games by Gary Grigsby, very good against either the AI, or a human opponent. They're both "I go, you go", with turns sent by email, ie, not realtime.

But please also consider War in the Pacific- Admiral's Edition; also a strategy game, it covers land-air-sea in the Pacific, WWI; the latest upgrade, hot off the press, is the Admiral's Edition (AE). Some of the enhancements include detailed pilot trianing & experience, by nationality; variable maneuverability of aircraft, depending on altitude; detailed air operations constraints, depending on size of airfield, number of squadrons present, and nature & amount of air operations support units present. In other words, it's a real grognards' grand stragtegy game, models all the aircraft present on both sides.....well, still not a flight sim, but very detailed! The air units can attack ships (with MG's, bombs, or torpedos); or land combat units; or bases; or ports; or airfields. Or can fly recon, cap, and many other missions.

You can buy AE from Matrix as a stand-alone game; and it can be played against the computer, or against a human, again, turn-based, by email, not real time. At first it was announced as un upgrade to War in the Pacific, but they abandoned that, it's now stand-alone, you don't need to buy WITP, and there's no reason to; AE is actually the new version of WITP.

You'll also like the way naval battles are modeled, especially carrier battles, but the big guns are there, too. Also subs, transports (with various sub-types of loads), amphibs, and all kinds of functional auxiliaries.....sub tenders, ammo ships, repair ships, fuelers, etc etc....all affect combat or landing operations in one way or another. A truly great game.
08-12-2009, 01:25 AM,
Hi Ed,

thanks for your help. Great comment ! Big Grin

Cheers, Klaus
08-15-2009, 12:06 AM,
Thx for the welcome.

The only board games I have are: Luftwaffe, Bismarck, and Panzer Blitz - and I haven't played them in years - do not have the room to set them up and leave them for PBM Cry
A good Flight sim for real time play is IL2 Sturmovik 1946 "the forgotten war", you can fly several types of aircraft - for example BF-109, BF-110, Fw-190, F4f, F6F, F4Fu {Corsair}, Hurricane, JU-57, A6M {Zerro}, KI-21 {Oscor}, ME-262, P-40, P-39, P-47, P-51, Seafire, Spitfire, IL-2, Early Mig, PE series, Yaks, and the TA-152 - the list is much larger - also You can either fly fighter or bomber. Also you can creat your own missions to fly.
08-15-2009, 12:17 AM,
Hi Pat.

Sounds good, I´ll check it up.

Cheers, Klaus
08-17-2009, 12:53 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-17-2009, 12:58 AM by Papaw.)
Were to find:

http://digitalstore.ubi.com/3021/product...6-Download

$9.95

You will need the patch for the expansion from:

http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Info.aspx?pI...ad&dcId=63