• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

the beatles
08-09-2009, 06:42 AM,
the beatles
Sorry guys i know this is not wargaming but 40 years ago today the beatles done that iconic photo shoot for the Abbey Road Album.Major Beatles fan and thousands turned up at the the crossing today to celebrate that unique photo.My family even got me a limited Gold Disc Sgt Pepper Disc for my Christmas last year as a surprise.Dont care what anybody say's there will never be another group like the Beatles.One of a kind.
Quote this message in a reply
08-09-2009, 07:20 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-09-2009, 08:46 AM by Skryabin.)
RE: the beatles
For some reason I thought it is going to be about new bugs in the game :chin: (:))

Is there a place on the net I can find that iconic photo shoot?
Would be interesting to take a look!

cheers

Dmitriy

Ops, found already. If anyone interested:

http://soundofthepounding.files.wordpres...tcover.jpg
08-10-2009, 02:19 AM,
I saw Paul McCartney in Concert last Thursday night at Fenway Park, Boston, MA It was Great seeing a legend!

[Image: pmac_280.jpg]
08-10-2009, 12:42 PM,
More of a Beatles fan than you are...we can fist fight over that...one of the things that has come to pass is Hendrix...

sheesh...Hendrix...
Town Drunk
08-10-2009, 08:27 PM,
YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!
08-11-2009, 03:38 AM,
Fisticuffs at my age Curt i think not.Ill be watching you all along the watchtower.cheers
08-11-2009, 04:16 AM,
My IS-3 would crush the beatles like so many insects...

LR
If you run, you'll only die tired.

One hand on the wheel, and one in the flame,
One foot on the gas, and one in the grave.
08-12-2009, 07:13 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-12-2009, 06:56 PM by Dan Caviness.)
Their yellow submarine would torpedo you straight to the Octopus' Garden my friend...

And is it a coincidence they made Ringo sing "I'll get by with a little help from my friends"? I don't think so...

It must sound strange to the young bucks to hear the old farts going on about them...but if you were around to hear what rock and roll was before them...and saw what it became after them...you'd know every modern rock band owes them a debt...

Dan
08-12-2009, 07:36 AM,
Totally agree Dan most bands play the same or nearly the same type of music all their working career.The Beatles changed with the times and changed the times with their unique new approach to music.Orchestra for a pop band hell that was something else.I have full colour videos of the beatles promoting their singles way back in 66 George Harrison in a later intervue said hell i suppose we invented MTV.Granted im not saying they were great instrument players George Harrison being the exception but they could all play different instruments when called on but it was their song writing and new approach to music which made them one of a kind.End track for lethal weapon 2 to me is George at his best.Iam the Walrus Hey Jude Get Back all totally different but unique sounds all by the same group.PS and many many more A day in the Life etc.
08-12-2009, 08:12 AM,
Beatles, Neil Young, Jethro Tull (not in any order, on any day)...and any host of others.

Cheers
Curt
Town Drunk