• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

WSF Strategic Options Bug
08-07-2009, 12:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2009, 12:32 PM by Krak.)
WSF Strategic Options Bug
Glenn
This one is for you if your interested. If you open this test.scn file in WSF you will see the scenario description is screwed up. FWIW I think the problem is because of the 'Strategic Options' I have added. I think the program is reading everything after a first character '0' (after the header 0's) in a new line as the scenario description, but an Allied strategic option uses a first character '0' as its identifier also. Thus everything after an Allied Strategic Option in the scenario file is being incorrectly read as the description. Hope that makes sense.

Should I leave this with you or pass it along to Rich?

Cheers
Michael

Attached Files
.zip   test.zip (Size: 1.92 KB / Downloads: 3)
Quote this message in a reply
08-07-2009, 01:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-07-2009, 02:35 PM by Glenn Saunders.)
RE: WSF Strategic Options Bug
Krak Wrote:Glenn
This one is for you if your interested. If you open this test.scn file in WSF you will see the scenario description is screwed up.

I opened the Scn file attached and the discriptions looks fine to me

Quote:FWIW I think the problem is because of the 'Strategic Options' I have added.

There is a problem here alright - you have added two one axis and one allied. One at 1941/06/08 and the other 1941/06/15. Each has two Operations - one blank and one with rienforcements. The issue I see is the reinforcements in each is 1941/05/15. I'm not sure how or what the program ill do with the logic where the rienforcements arrive BEFORE the Strategy is selected.

Quote:I think the program is reading everything after a first character '0' (after the header 0's) in a new line as the scenario description, but an Allied strategic option uses a first character '0' as its identifier also. Thus everything after an Allied Strategic Option in the scenario file is being incorrectly read as the description. Hope that makes sense.

It does - but I am not seeing the issue because when I load the Scn I can see the scn discription fine!

Glenn
Send this user an email
08-07-2009, 02:32 PM,
To fix the issue with the reinforcements dates in a text edito - see below.

FILE

++++

25 NZ Div
0 30160
Yes
30129 100 0 0 45 33 0 1
371 30 13 189 100 0 0 0 3rd NZ xx

No
25 More Panzers
1 30153
Yes
30129 100 0 0 0 0 0 1
372 0 109 80 100 0 0 0 24th Pz xx

No
Bellizzi, Blackie and Graves

+++++

The S|O called "NZ Div" on the date 30160. 30160 I think is a julian date
The reinforcement in this called "3rd NZ xx" should be 30160 (or later) but you have it as 30129

Likewise in the second strategy 25 more Panzer is date 30153 but the reinforcement should also be 30153 or later not 30129.

Glenn
Send this user an email
08-07-2009, 03:20 PM,
Glenn
I only set that file up as a test to highlight the 'problem'. I paid no attention to dates. Try this real file. See if you get the description ok. On my PC it is screwed, which only occured after I added allied strategy. Anyway try this one.

Attached Files
.zip   #100-Desert War 4-41_12-42.zip (Size: 6.46 KB / Downloads: 2)
08-07-2009, 04:09 PM,
Sorry Glenn, you will need this Map File as well to open the scenario. I have also included a screen shot of the screwed description.

Attached Files
.zip   Map_Pic.zip (Size: 70.76 KB / Downloads: 5)
08-07-2009, 11:43 PM,
Michael,

I quickly looked at the desc and it is screwed up if opened in the game. I seem to remember something happening like this before, but NOT in WWIE, I think it was in the early days of PzC, I'll try to access my memory banks, perhaps Glenn can remember.:chin:

This is coming along, well done! A very minor point, Gazala has to be made Britain ownership. Unfortunately you can't make Msus and Mechili Britain owned as they are not towns, same thing applies to all the Italian Forts etc, but you have maybe found that out already.
08-07-2009, 11:55 PM,
I also emailed Glenn re this, I am thinking it happens if you have duplicate units on the board AND in a strategy. But I am a little fuzzy on this as it happened way back.

Blackie
08-08-2009, 12:09 AM,
NOT what I said in my last reply for sure, but along those lines, I am fiddling around but it is still greyed out:conf:

Oh! another small thing, I see you have added "x's" etc to identify the unit sizes. The x's should be in upper case I think.
08-08-2009, 12:10 AM,
Yes its a strange one. Everything was going along fine untill I added all the Allied Strategies (upgrades) :(

Thanks for those pointers. I still have to work out the air, replacments, a VP schedule amonst many others....

I wish we could rebuild dead units :rolleyes:
08-08-2009, 12:56 AM,
In the file you sent, the description is "Nil", this does not affect your problem, it just shows at the end of the strange string, which I am sure you know starts after "25 7th AD update" with the Cairo strategy. I would be looking for a unit which is either on board, or used in the default reinfs as well as one of your strategies.

I have a couple of other small things, I will email you, rather than use the forum.