• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Quality
08-01-2009, 09:33 AM,
Quality
Hey guys,

I was wondering if unit quality can be viewed from inside the game. I can see it in the OOB editor. If not, that would be strange considering it affects so many things. What am I missing?

Ben
Quote this message in a reply
08-01-2009, 09:55 AM,
RE: Quality
Did you not notice the quality of your units in the unit pictures on the unit information bar while playing your last PzC game? You can not see the quality of the enemy, but your own units quality is clearly shown.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
08-01-2009, 10:04 AM,
I can certainly see Morale, is that what you're referring to Dog Soldier? So I guess Morale always = Quality. For some reason I thought maybe unit morale was a variable thing but if it stays fixed, that answers my question.

Cheers!

Ben
08-01-2009, 10:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2009, 10:51 AM by Dog Soldier.)
You almost have it. Morale is a good proxy for quality. The OOB editor might state quality, but I think it says morale.

This is not a static value. It will certainly change during the game from the effects of combat during the game. A good commander learns how to manage morale for his units during a game.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
08-01-2009, 11:44 AM,
But the morale letter never changes right? I know the morale check modifiers change for Fatigue and Isolation etc., so units are more likely to Disrupt/Break. But a "Quality A" unit will always be "Morale A", is that correct?

Ben
08-01-2009, 12:03 PM,
Morale == Quality when the unit is rested, has full ammo and fuel, command, etc. But quality is the base for a unit, as it fatigues, its actual morale drops, making it more vulnerable to failing morale checks. Same for disruption, out of command I think, low ammo or fuel, isolated. Then as these things go away the morale rebounds.

So simple answer, no morale does change, just check out a unit that is in yellow fatigue, its morale will drop 1 level from the quality rating.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
08-01-2009, 12:19 PM,
Yes, basically the "quality" is the base level of the unit. "Morale" is the quality rating in the game itself once it starts to be modified by fatigue, disruption, low ammo, etc. So the easiest way to think about it is that the quality is the base rating, morale is the in game rating which fluctuates.
Send this user an email
08-01-2009, 12:21 PM,
The term "morale" is really a generic term that signifies a combination of training, experience, esprit de corps, organizational cohesiveness, etc. The following will impact the unit's organization negatively:

Fatigue (in two steps, yellow and orange; green has no effect)
Low Ammo
Low Fuel
Isolation
Disruption

The morale letter most certainly changes from turn to turn.
08-01-2009, 02:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-01-2009, 02:17 PM by bennyb.)
If that's the case then they should really include the Quality somewhere in the unit information. Later in the game when my units are at Morale F, it would be nice to know which ones are still Quality A and therefore get the +20% combat modifier etc. Big Grin
08-01-2009, 02:26 PM,
If they have been reduced through fatigue, low ammo, low fuel etc to morale "F", then they will function as morale F and not receive the +20% combat modifier etc.
If they can be removed from the line and take time to rest and reorganize, they can regain their "A" status in time.

As I said above in this thread, one must balance the need to maintain as high a morale level as possible while keeping the defense strong ot the attack going. Troops who fight 24/7 will be worn to mutiny! Big Grin

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp