• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Questions on Purchase Options of TOAW-III
07-15-2009, 07:09 AM,
Questions on Purchase Options of TOAW-III
Hi All,

I have the old TOAW from the 90's, and I see on this forum that TOAW-III seems even more highly regarded than the original.

I also see that I could find some pbem opponents here, as well.

I am considering purchase of TOAW-III from Matrix, but I see several purchase options.

I am considering Digital download with hard-copy CD, or maybe just hard-copy CD.

If I order just the CD, can I get the game to play without having the CD in the machine all the time (like I do with Combat Mission).

I only have 2 doors for CD's, and one has a CMAK disc and the other has a CMBB disc (I routinely have 6-12 Combat Mission pbem's going at once).

What about electronic registration...? I've read some horror stories about game companies forcing people to register on a server..? ...every time they want to play...?
Is that required with TOAW-III from Matrix or any other retail outlet...?

I always find it hard to believe that a company will still have server up 10-years from now, for their customers.

Sorry for the all the ignorant questions.
I see all these forums for games other than Combat Mission, and they seem interesting enough to consider purchasing more games and branching out a bit...

Thanks in advance,
Ken
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2009, 08:55 AM,
RE: Questions on Purchase Options of TOAW-III
I purchased TOAW III from Matrix through digital download, and saved the setup file and serial number on a cd and I have used it to reinstall the game several times and haven't had any problems, Its a good idea to register the game so you can receive future updates but you won't be required to register everytime you want to play...hope this helps cheers
07-15-2009, 10:18 AM,
Thanks Iwo Jim.
That does help.

Best regards,
Ken
07-15-2009, 12:57 PM,
Hi Ken,

As a digital download it will sit on your HD and run WITHOUT a CD being needed.

As Jim says, keep a hold of your serial number and you can then download again if your HD crashes.

Mail me if you fancy a battle !:)
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
07-15-2009, 10:43 PM,
Hi Antoni,

Thanks for the help and offer. First I have to bite the bullet and and spend some money at Matrix.

All the best,
Ken
07-17-2009, 12:40 AM,
Hi All,

I went to Matrix and purchased the Digital download with disc to be shipped.
Now I am working on the tutorial in Korea, trying to get the hang of this again.

Soon... I will be pbem cannon fodder for pbem TOAW-III games...!

Cheers,
Ken
07-18-2009, 11:12 PM,
Way to go Ken, and welcome aboard! I think you got excellent advice, and did the right thing. I'll always keep my CD, but digital download has worked well with Matrix, and I like being registered on their site, and being able to download updates.

Let us know if you hit any speedbumps.