• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Changes for Task Force Echo 4
07-15-2009, 02:18 AM,
Changes for Task Force Echo 4
Gents,

I wanted to formally pass the word that there will be some changes coming down the line with regards to Task Force Echo 4, the premier site for SB content. First off, RedMike will be formally handing over command of the site to yours truly in the very near future. It's not a job I take lightly, and it certainly isn't a job that I can do alone. Without new content, scenarios, sound/voice mods, graphics enhancements, etc, TFE4 is merely a static site. We need folks contributing to the game that we all love. I'm making this an official call-out to members of the community.

Second, the site was getting a little long in the tooth, and a little tricky to update, at least for this old fart. I have spent the last week or so putting together a new TFE4 site which can be found here: http://tfe4.wordpress.com/

We are planning on keeping the original "Lock and Load" page open and have it link to the new site at some point soon. This way you won't have to change anything in your favorites. The site is now run using a blog platform, which allowed me to basically move all the content from the old site to here with minor adjustments. Take a look at the site, tell me what you think.

I'm hoping to include some new stuff on the site, including a section of links to users favorite military sites/blogs/forums, etc. I also plan on having more frequent updates to the site, hoping that you all are giving me reasons to make those posts! I hope to make the site a 'go-to' place for you all to get information brought in from all the SB sites out there, such as tournaments, content and the like.

Have at it men.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2009, 06:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-15-2009, 06:43 AM by Nikb.)
RE: Changes for Task Force Echo 4
:) Good stuff Alan. My thanks for taking over the reins of such an important SB resource.

I have had a quick look over the site and you have done an excellent job in transporting the original content and then enhancing the layout etc. Great job. I'm very much looking forward to using it as a one stop shop for all SB materials.

cheers

Nik
07-15-2009, 08:06 AM,
Looks great Alan. Thanks!
07-16-2009, 04:19 AM,
I'm glad you guys are enjoying it. We got nearly 300 hits on TFE4 yesterday!

The nice thing about the new site format is that if you're RSS savvy, you can subscribe to the site's feed and be notified whenever you there is an update made. Much faster than the old fashioned way of posting a thread on every message SB out there. I'm looking into something that IronX has on his site that will EMAIL a person whenever the site is updated....
07-24-2009, 05:52 AM,
I've just put a link onto the site that will allow folks to get updates to the site via EMAIL. This way I don't have to post everytime something new comes up, although you're all welcome to visit the site as often as you can! The numbers of hits per day has been encouraging.

What I am looking for it content. I put a section up there for military type links. I'd love to see folks send me their favorite links, whether it be for military pics, sources of maps/OOB's, military blogs, military news sites, anything related to past and present conflicts. I welcome it all!

Fire me an EMAIL with your stuff and I'll put it on the site to share with the rest of the grognards!
07-25-2009, 10:02 AM,
Hey Alan, I haven't had a chance to look at the site yet (on dial up it could take a while :^( ) but you mentioned that my site was down when you went to look at it. The free webhost I'm using is a little flakey that way, but if you had a few spare megabytes on TFE4, I'd appreciate it if you could host my scenarios. Progress is slow because my free time is slowly being eaten away, but steady. Let me know, thanks!

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

07-26-2009, 12:50 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-26-2009, 12:50 AM by TheBigRedOne.)
Dial-up? Are you serious!

TFE4 is more than happy to host any and all mods/scenarios etc!

I'll DL them and get them on the site as soon as I have access to the FTP server at Wargamer. We in the process of changing command from RedMike to me over there!

A
07-26-2009, 12:18 PM,
My move took me to a rural area, and I had to choose between dial-up or $400 to install satellite high speed. At least SB files are small, my CM games can take 6 minutes to download. I don't waste any time on the internet anymore.Big Grin

Thanks Alan, if you have trouble downloading them, let me know, and I'll send them to you. Rabbit and I are testing out his CTF idea currently, so hopefully we'll have one or two more in the coming weeks.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

07-26-2009, 11:40 PM,
Mad_Dog Wrote:My move took me to a rural area, and I had to choose between dial-up or $400 to install satellite high speed. At least SB files are small, my CM games can take 6 minutes to download. I don't waste any time on the internet anymore.Big Grin

Thanks Alan, if you have trouble downloading them, let me know, and I'll send them to you. Rabbit and I are testing out his CTF idea currently, so hopefully we'll have one or two more in the coming weeks.

Let me know, and I'll get them up there as soon as I can.

With dial up it must have taken a few hours to DL IronX's new mod!
08-08-2009, 12:00 AM,
A new feature for TFE4 is that you can sign up for EMAIL alerts for whenever the site it updated. I think 8 folks have taken advantage of that so far. Saves me from having to send out a post on the boards everytime it's updated.

I've got new content that will be made available at some point, hopefully soon. Getting access to server space is taking longer than I expected. As soon as that's cleared up, I'll be putting a few ASL Graphics updates for PW, PF, ES and AoTR that were sent my way, as well as Mad Dog's Long War scenarios. I also have cobbled together files that, if added to existing SB games, would update the graphics, utlizing the terrain/road/etc files from IronX's newest MOD, Red Star over Europe.