• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Qestion
06-12-2009, 04:49 PM,
Qestion
When i watch combat replay in PzC/MC series i press F8 Key and resolution becomes much faster. When i play my turn after the replay my on map resolution is also fast but when it happens that i save the game and shut down the game. Just to come back later to it the resolution of fights is painfouly slow(normal) any way to speed it up after the save loading??
Quote this message in a reply
06-12-2009, 05:06 PM,
RE: Qestion
Ummm....

Spooky Wrote:press F8 Key and resolution becomes much faster...??

:chin:
06-12-2009, 06:19 PM,
If i dont have bad memory replay speed is set in the game, if you select fast speed you mantein it until you change it, you can close the game but the speed dont change.

F5 – slow the speed of the A/I processing.
F6 – return A/I processing to normal speed.
F7 – increase the speed of the A/I processing.
F8 – put the A/I in the highest possible processing mode (use F6 to return to
normal).
06-12-2009, 06:29 PM,
yes thats it Xaver... but when i save the turn and continue playing it later the speed will reset itself to normal speed and no pressing F8 isn't changing that...
06-12-2009, 06:30 PM,
lol ... that's why in a campaign i play the turn in one session if i can, or play as much as i can .... if you use the artillery dialog, the first shot is fast, after that everything will go slow.. or standard.

i wish to speed the AI action even more and make that optional, but yet maybe there is something i don't know about the game and the system (programing or other issues)

i only play the game and i am very thankful to the Men behind it for this lovely time and entertainement Big Grin
Dany "BigBlock" Sakr
Beirut / Lebanon
Send this user an email
06-12-2009, 07:07 PM,
Well i think it should not be to hard to implement it becouse what's the difference betwen replay of enemy turn and doing yours the fire calculations are the same are they???
06-12-2009, 08:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-12-2009, 08:39 PM by MasnarT.)
Well..... i've noticed that firing in the squad battles series is faster then the pz/mdrn campaigns, and a lot more fun... you don't have to wait much when AI fires back, even the use of the mouse is indeed simulating the use of the trigger when you right click several consecutive times on the target Hex..... and you can still hear all the sounds... while pressing F8 in the replay in pz/mdrn Cp makes your fire with no sound at all.

making the pz/md campaigns firing like the Sq battles will be - in my opinion - cool. "very" cool indeed........ Big Grin .......... cold actually but not frozen........................... cheers
my English is improving?
Dany "BigBlock" Sakr
Beirut / Lebanon
Send this user an email
06-12-2009, 08:41 PM,
Well, i dont know who works in SB but in PzC all attack has an effect that is showed on map (or in a box), you can see no effect when attack fails and you need time to see it.

Reset the speed??? i never see it but i dont play more than... 30 minutes, i do many times a few moves, save and take a break to decide new moves :chin:

PD: sound is important becasuse you can know if the AT unit spend all shoots over your infantry and can move tanks safe... but i usually play with no sound Big Grin
06-12-2009, 08:52 PM,
me too i play with no sounds most of the times, but when i put my laptop on the big speakers, with all that lovely background sound (especially in Kursk ) and adjusting the sounds digitally with Realtek HD Audio Manager.... full entertainement is guarantee ;)
Dany "BigBlock" Sakr
Beirut / Lebanon
Send this user an email
06-12-2009, 10:22 PM,
Personally, I would like if there was an option so that assaults results were paused so I could really see where the assault is happening and what was the result. I don't mind having artillery barrages results flash fast on the screen, but I hate it when I notice there is an assault and I have barely enough time to check the loss of both sides and if there were disruption, retreat or else.

In PzC games, it's either you need to click "Next' for every action that is happening, or either everything flashes without pause. It would be nice to have something in the middle...I am thinking about a system similar to the SSG games where you can say to the computer "Run until next assault". The computer stops at all assaults so that you can visualize what's happening and then you resume the replay. I think it's a nice compromise.