• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Leader graphics mod?
06-07-2009, 05:35 AM,
Leader graphics mod?
I find it odd that the leaders all have three stars. It would make more sense to me if the brigade commanders had one star, the division commanders had two stars, and the corps commanders had three stars. Army commanders could have one large star.

Does anyone know if there are any mods out there that are sort of along these lines?

Alternatively, does anyone have any ideas about how hard it might be to make such a mod? I'd be wiling to try it, but can't find the graphic for leader icons.
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2009, 05:52 AM,
RE: Leader graphics mod?
I assume that statement applies to all HPS Nap and ACW titles David? I would have to agree with you. In our Wagram game I find it annoying to have to figure out what level of command a leader is by reading his title. If you find such a mod please let me know, I'd be glad to have it as well.
06-07-2009, 07:59 AM,
Liebchen Wrote:I'd be wiling to try it, but can't find the graphic for leader icons.

The Leader 3 star graphic is in the Map directory, in the 2DSymbolsLg.bmp file. But there is only a single icon dedicated to the leaders. How one could mod this to result in different icons for different leaders, I have no idea. :dunno:

Good luck, its a great idea!
06-09-2009, 04:59 AM,
steel god Wrote:In our Wagram game I find it annoying to have to figure out what level of command a leader is by reading his title.

Our game is a small scenario. I'm in a couple of games, Antietam and Russian Campaign, where there are different corps (or "wings" in Antietam) and it gets really tricky. Color coding simply doesn't do the trick.

Do the ACW/Nappy games have a Glen Saunders-type figure who might lurk about in these forums?
06-09-2009, 10:55 AM,
I think Rich Hamilton (Rahamy here) may be the answer to that question. He speaks for the company at least, not sure if he's deeply involved in all of the Black Powder series games though.