• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

TFB Problem with RECON in v1.04?
06-07-2009, 12:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2009, 12:53 AM by fstop23.)
TFB Problem with RECON in v1.04?
All:

Updated TWIE-TFB to the latest version (1.04) and the RECON air mission no longer seems to work. Units on RECON now only operate in support/attack mode - i.e., I can only right click on hexes occupied by enemy units, and when doing so, the RECON units attack. Right-clicking on empty hex results in error.

I de/reinstalled to v 1.00 and the function works correctly. This is replicable across both XP and VISTA installations.

Can anyone else verify and/or advise if this is known issue?

Gregg
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2009, 02:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-07-2009, 02:16 AM by Glenn Saunders.)
RE: TFB Problem with RECON in v1.04?
fstop23 Wrote:Can anyone else verify and/or advise if this is known issue?

Send a BTL file to me or HPS Support and I am sure you will get a quick reply.

Or you can get averification here and send send the file in to get it fixed - either way a file is how these things get fixed.

FWIW there is no issue in WSF v1.0 so if it is broken in TFB it has been accidentially fixed.

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-07-2009, 03:13 AM,
Glenn:

Sent you the BTL file via email to your personal email account.

Thanks for the quick response!
06-07-2009, 05:15 AM,
Gregg:

Repolay sent back by email with my own result file from the file ou sent.

As far as I can see the Air Recon is working fine in TFB v1.04 and using the file you sent.

First I peaks and saw there is an UNSEEN Polish unit in hex 24,18
(we're looking at the 110 Polish Scn for the reference of anyone following along)
Then I put FOW back ON pressed the AIR Button to Bring up the Air Support Dialog

NOTE – the first mission at the top of the Dialog is HIGHLIGHTED so I click on that mission to UNSELECT it.
Then I scroll to the bottom of the dialog where the recon units are and click on one of them.
Then right click on the target hex 24,18 with ONLY the Recon unit highlighted.

There is fire as the ground units attack the Air mission but then a polish unit is exposed in that hex. All is well.

Glenn
Send this user an email
06-07-2009, 05:50 AM,
Gotcha...totally a function of how the UI works ("sticky" selection that I have to deselect). May be worthy of an FAq notation, ot at very least, a default to no slection, whci is what v 1.00 did. Thanks for quick response