• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

DBP Scenarios
06-07-2009, 12:15 AM,
DBP Scenarios
I have started to add the scenarios to the database will as I can and have them added hopefully by the end of the week.
Quote this message in a reply
06-07-2009, 03:40 AM,
RE: DBP Scenarios
I wish I could give you more than a "thanks" for doing this. The entire community is greatly appreciative of this grunt-work. Thanks a million, Dennis.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-07-2009, 04:02 AM,
Alan,

PM sent.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
06-07-2009, 09:51 AM,
1st 18 listed more to follow
06-10-2009, 06:38 AM,
I just took a look at the 38 DBP scenarios Dennis posted. The size modifier values for the new scenarios really stood out to me:

24 had size 5 modifier
6 had size 4 modifier
3 had size 3 modifier
5 had size 2 modifier

I found this interesting as compared with previous games. For instance, for SCW:
0 had size 5 modifier
13 had size 4 modifier
21 had size 3 modifier
23 had size 2 modifier

And for SAW:
1 had size 35 modifier (yikes!!!)
0 had size 5 modifier
8 had size 4 modifier
6 had size 3 modifier
28 had size 2 modifier
1 had size 1 modifier

Does anyone know if the DBP scenarios are that much larger in scope or if either the format or amount of data stored in the OOB and scenario files has changed to make them larger?

Thanks,
Bill
06-10-2009, 12:48 PM,
Hi Bill alot of the DBP scn have alot of forces involved thats why alot of size 5 modifier.
06-10-2009, 12:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-11-2009, 03:30 AM by Landser34.)
1 st 50 scenarios more to follow tomorrow
06-14-2009, 01:35 AM,
Rabbit Wrote:Does anyone know if the DBP scenarios are that much larger in scope or if either the format or amount of data stored in the OOB and scenario files has changed to make them larger?

Sorry, I don't know how The Blitz size modifier is calculated.

I will say that I often created larger 'master' oob's and then created smaller scenarios using large oob's. I found it easier to add support later in the design process if it already exists in the oob. Nothing more frustrating than having a nearly complete scenario crash and need to be reset because you tweaked the oob incorrectly.

That being said, there are some quite large scenarios included. Also some of the assaults on the French positions are by large numbers of VM troops.

Mike
06-14-2009, 02:54 AM,
cazart! Wrote:
Rabbit Wrote:Does anyone know if the DBP scenarios are that much larger in scope or if either the format or amount of data stored in the OOB and scenario files has changed to make them larger?

Sorry, I don't know how The Blitz size modifier is calculated.

I will say that I often created larger 'master' oob's and then created smaller scenarios using large oob's. I found it easier to add support later in the design process if it already exists in the oob. Nothing more frustrating than having a nearly complete scenario crash and need to be reset because you tweaked the oob incorrectly.

That being said, there are some quite large scenarios included. Also some of the assaults on the French positions are by large numbers of VM troops.

Mike

The modifier is calculated by using the size, in KB, of the OOB and SCN files combined. If the game uses large OOB files for a small scenario, the modifier might be off. That will get tricky to adjust since there are so many scenarios. I guess we can do the adjustments on an individual basis as the games start to get recorded...
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
06-14-2009, 04:21 AM,
So far as I have looked over and added to the database I think the size modifier for all scenarios reported so far have the right size most of these scenario have large forces