• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

158 active players...? Where are you...?
06-01-2009, 04:37 PM,
158 active players...? Where are you...?
I just took a look at the CM Ladder, and set the filters to active in the last 3 months and played at least one game. There are 158 people that fit this criteria. So lets say this represents the CM communty here at theBlitz. Why does it seem like we get the same couple dozen people posting all the time? Der K. and Wiggy do a great job of running this place and Owl and others have answered the call for some tourny's. Raz keep this machined well oiled and tuned up and finds time to give tech advice, Foul whips the H2H section into shape, and there are others that contribute as well, but where is the silent majority? I know we have talked the tactics of this game to death, but there seems to be narry a word of thanks or encouragement from a good portion of the players out there. The community will only get better if we all speak up about things we are pssionate about and help out where we can. There I will get off the soap box now, feel much better.:soap:
Thanks to those guys that keep this pale blue and white speck in space chugging along. I tip my hat to you allcheers and say thanks a bunch for all the work both behind the scenes and before our eyes.
Quote this message in a reply
06-01-2009, 09:54 PM,
RE: 158 active players...? Where are you...?
Yep, good points Ratzki!

greets owl
06-01-2009, 11:14 PM,
In total agreement.

Well done guys.
06-01-2009, 11:54 PM,
Good points - but even if they stay silent, I'm glad there are still that many out there playing!
"Most sorts of diversion in men, children, and other animals, are in imitation of fighting." - Jonathan Swift
06-02-2009, 01:42 AM,
Here Here....Nice one Ratzki, Keep on that Soap Box mate

cheers Ted
REAL OPPONENTS SEE THE BATTLE OUT TO THE END, WINNING OR LOSING
06-02-2009, 01:49 AM,
Ditto the above.
06-02-2009, 03:39 PM,
I am happy that they are all still playing as well, but it would be nice to hear from some from time to time. I will have to check over at the SP pages as that game has been around longer than CM and what does the community do other then play the game. There has to be more then that to keep people motivated to log on here or anywhere for that matter.[/i]
06-02-2009, 05:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-02-2009, 05:43 PM by Fullhouse.)
Quote:There has to be more then that to keep people motivated to log on here or anywhere for that matter.

Surely that is enough to keep most logging on here otherwise you would not be making this post LDO.

I barely have time to play the games I join let alone contribute to the "community" though I am of course gratefull to all that do, especially scenario designers who have done a great job of keeping this game fresh.

Its a shame because I have lots of ideas about a campaign system I would like to try out, but I just do not have the time at the moment to administer or GM such an endeavor.
06-03-2009, 06:20 AM,
I certainly appreciate the folks that keep it going and what has to be a lot of work and I hope it is a labor of love so-to-speak. I still enjoy CM even though have been at it now for six years.
06-03-2009, 10:35 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-03-2009, 10:36 AM by Combat Wombat.)
well, I read the forum every day , so i appreciate the input from the contributors ...