• Blitz Shadow Player
  • Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Aachen west wall anyone want to try it out.
06-04-2009, 04:30 AM,
RE: Aachen west wall anyone want to try it out.
Ok guys Dan has come online and explained the scenario etc etc he's even admitted to a few mistakes but most were for gameplay purposes Huib i hope your man enough to apoligise for earlier remarks Dan did apoligise to you and explained his reason for HIS maps so this matter is now over no more nasty stuff.
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2009, 06:23 AM,
There is no need to apologize for anything other than perhaps initial choice of words (btw in Holland it is normal to be direct and use strong words). Why should people apologize when they criticize maps on the board and not apologize when they criticize scns/maps in the H2H section or in the scn comments after logging a game. It is all accesable to the public.

I just noted that the map is not good. It is also by no means the worst map around. It is a matter of setting goals. If you want a good historical map that can be compared with the better maps around and if that is the designer's goal, then changes and more work on the map is needed.
I thought it was a serious historical scenario, that's why I looked critical eye at the map. Now I learned it isn't.

The designer is free to do whatever he wants with those comments. By no means this is meant personal.
When I started designing I learned how to make maps because more experienced designers/gamers were telling me what I was doing wrong.
06-05-2009, 02:16 AM,
Alfons de Palfons Wrote:Why should people apologize when they criticize maps on the board and not apologize when they criticize scns/maps in the H2H section or in the scn comments after logging a game. It is all accesable to the public.

Huib,

Everyone is free to express his opinion. As you said, it was just the words you used...

Quote:When I started designing I learned how to make maps because more experienced designers/gamers were telling me what I was doing wrong.

And that is exactly what everyone would like to see here.

BTW, thanks for the link to the on-line maps, great stuff :thumbs_up: I have found even maps for Poland, so I can compare them with my sources Big Grin

Regards

Slawek
"We do not beg for Freedom, we fight for it!"

http://swalencz.w.interia.pl
06-07-2009, 10:26 PM,
Huib:

No need for apologies here my friend. I share your passion. We come at it from slightly different angles, but we both love this game. I won't compare my efforts with yours, but I will recall that you and I pm'd extensively over one of what I consider your best (although difficult!) scenarios, "Fall Braun Across the Maas". As a result of that dialogue you had some ideas that you felt could improve the game, and it was all done in a positive fashion by the both of us.

You got fired up...I got fired up...we started bouncing ideas off each other on movement and how you might make the scenario play a little better....and that is how it's done.

As a result of that exchange I gained respect for you and hope at some point in the future that will be returned.

If you have access or can post a link to some accurate topographical maps that delineate the Aachen West Wall area during the timeframe of October 1944 please let me know how to access them. I'll be happy to review and modify my map, especially if it makes it more accurate, and possibly improve gameplay. Please!

I realize you live "up the road" from that area, and you no doubt have some good information that I would be lucky to share. Somewhat like you doing a map of the Cape Fear area of North Carolina...where I might be able to add some local knowledge since I live there.

I'm not going to pay to download or own 1:12,500 - 7 and 1/2 minute quadrangle topographical maps. I do want to say that while you may not like the scale of my source maps, I can't see exactly where I've gone wrong?
I.E., is Kerkrade on the wrong side of the Würm?
Is Übach Palenberg 3 minutes 45 seconds latitude offset?
Etc, etc.
Give me details.

Well, I can see one area where I went wrong, and I'm going to reconcile that immediately.
I will change the scenario designation to [HISB]
My apologies.

Just keep it positive my friend...or if you REALLY have to chew me out...send it private message OK?....(:O)

Regards,

Dan
06-08-2009, 11:34 AM,
Hello:

The scenario description and read me files have both been updated to show [HISB] rather than [HIS].

Regards,

Dan