• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Where it all started...
05-31-2009, 01:21 AM,
Where it all started...
Jim's return got me thinking about the history of the club. Somewhere on the Blitz I read a post of his on how he first came across a copy of East Front while browsing the software aisle at the Yongsan Post BX. I was up there this past week and took a quick photo.

Anyway here's were it all began. One thing lead to another and a few years later Jim was one of the main players in setting up the Blitz.

I really appreciate all the hard work that folks have put into over the years to keep this club going and all the hard work that various folks have been doing to keep the Campaign Series going.

[Image: YongsanBX2.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
05-31-2009, 11:37 AM,
RE: Where it all started...
Thanks for the memories :)

I bet Jim falls over when he sees that sign..
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-31-2009, 02:37 PM,
Another PX story that occured while I was in Korea (96-98), a young teenager right out of high school was on an autograph tour for his new team. He was at this PX one Saturday morning. He is now both famous and infamous. Nobody figured he would go on to become one of the best basketball players in the NBA.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to who this was?
05-31-2009, 04:29 PM,
I'll take a stab at it. You gave a clue when you said "infamous". The only one who comes to mind (who was a good player but also has a bad reputation) would be Dennis Rodman. Of the (Detroit and Chicago teams.

Zap
06-01-2009, 02:43 AM,
No, not Dennis...
06-01-2009, 04:19 AM,
It was Kobe, right? I remember when I was in Germany, AFN was always playing this dumb commercial about success stories from DoD schools. Also, CHRISTINA AGUILERA was one!

*AFN= Armed Forces Network

*DoD Dept. of Defense

Hahaha,

Dan
"And the world did gaze, in deep amaze, at those stout-hearted men, but few,
Who bore the fight that freedom's light might shine through the foggy dew"
-Peadar Kearney, "The Foggy Dew"

06-01-2009, 04:57 AM,
Kobe... Bingo... He was there to sign autographs early on a Saturday morning... He had just signed his contract and came out to visit with the troops...

MWR and USO does a lot to bring individuals to the military to entertain or meet with them... Sports figures are always a crowd favorite...
06-01-2009, 06:43 AM,
What a game! It has lasted for 12 years and is still well supported and even works in Vietnam China! I first discovered it in 1999 as a pirated copy in Malaysia. Pirated copies are bad we know but that one did introduce me to this wonderful game.