• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

IE 8
05-22-2009, 03:19 AM,
IE 8
How do I keep IE 8 from locking up with a DEP error? It seems to hate just about every website I go to and locks it out. It didn't like google... or barnes and nobel... and even bombed me out of the blitz a few times... This is very annoying. I thought I turned it off, but it is still locks things out.
Quote this message in a reply
05-22-2009, 03:50 AM,
RE: IE 8
You prevent that by deleting IE entirely and installing Mozilla Fire Fox ;)
05-22-2009, 04:25 AM,
steel god Wrote:You prevent that by deleting IE entirely and installing Mozilla Fire Fox ;)

+1 ;)

regards...
Better red wine than dead
05-22-2009, 04:33 AM,
Strange i seem to be the only person in the world who gets on with Outlook Express and IE8 with no issues at all !! :chin:

Seems very strange............
05-22-2009, 07:03 AM,
Interesting Posts! I work away happily with XP, refuse to load Vista or IE 8 and wait until their many bugs are sorted out. I did this with W95, W98 and XP and will perhaps load the new stuff in a year or so.
It may be many years before I load the replacement for Vista which is already in the pipeline.
As I have stated before I believe in Partitions which are sensible now that the Hard Drives are so huge that they only suit movie collectors.
I run one computer on XP (my reliable backup as I do not trust computers) and the main one is half XP and half W98.
The XP half handles Broadband and Matrix while the XP half contains all the old Talonsoft files plus family history and older files that are too modern for XP.
05-22-2009, 12:26 PM,
I have XP and IE8. Check the Safety dropdown. Turn off filtering and see what happens.
05-24-2009, 05:53 AM,
You can try this if on Vista, but I'm 1 for 3 so far, so no guarantees:

Close IE, click start and type cmd (do not hit enter). Right-click on the cmd.exe command that comes up in the search and select "Run as Administrator"

Once at the command prompt, type "regsvr32 actxprxy.dll" and hit enter.

That's it... Apparently the IE8 installation forgets to register that dll.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-24-2009, 08:36 PM,
steel god Wrote:You prevent that by deleting IE entirely and installing Mozilla Fire Fox ;)

:bow:

some days the truth just reaches out and slaps you in the arse like a newborn baby :)

Welcome home Jim!, even if it is only for a short time..
my thoughts are always for you, your family, and your safe return to our sanitarium on a more permanent basis.

*salute*
Faith Divides Us, Death Unites Us.... "We were never to say die or surrender" -- Chard
05-25-2009, 05:24 AM,
There's a ton of info googling ie8 dep. Here's one with a bunch of things you can try:

http://www.slickit.ca/2009/03/internet-e...ashes.html
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-25-2009, 08:49 PM,
Thanks for all the suggestions... I generally stick with IE... but on occassion have tried all the others... Safari by apple was my last try at something different...

IE8 seems to work on my new laptop... It just didn't seem to like my desktop with XP...

My new laptop has Vista 64... and my new computer loaded JTCS no problem... sigh of relief... and it blazes with 4G RAM and video card 512 RAM... and it's a little smaller than my last one... I went for compact over large screen this time...

I've jumped my R&R TOC to Kansas to meet up with the kids and grandkid for a few days... Woo Hoo... So far, it's been a good time...

Take care,

Jim