• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Tech Question
05-20-2009, 04:39 AM,
Tech Question
Scenario is Showdown at Borrisov, a huge size 10 scenario, played as 2v2 team game.

Game is started with FOW and all options on except VV and EA. Russians move first, end turn and email bte file to opponents. Both opponents are unable to watch replay, i.e., replay crashes game. Opponents are able to save turn without watching replay, but during their turn, they are able to see all Russian forces.

Question: Is this a hardware or software issue and how can we fix it? My guess is that the game file was corrupted. If that is the case, will the corruption repeat itself after each end turn going forward or should it, generally, be an isolated event? If it's a hardware issue, can it be fixed by downloading drivers or changing video settings?

All help is appreciated.
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2009, 04:52 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-20-2009, 04:52 AM by Scud.)
RE: Tech Question
Guderian Wrote:Scenario is Showdown at Borrisov, a huge size 10 scenario, played as 2v2 team game.

Game is started with FOW and all options on except VV and EA. Russians move first, end turn and email bte file to opponents. Both opponents are unable to watch replay, i.e., replay crashes game. Opponents are able to save turn without watching replay, but during their turn, they are able to see all Russian forces.

Question: Is this a hardware or software issue and how can we fix it? My guess is that the game file was corrupted. If that is the case, will the corruption repeat itself after each end turn going forward or should it, generally, be an isolated event? If it's a hardware issue, can it be fixed by downloading drivers or changing video settings?

All help is appreciated.

All are playing Matrix version?
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-20-2009, 05:22 AM,
Yes, everyone has Matrix 1.04
05-20-2009, 05:46 AM,
Does everyone have the scenario files?

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
05-20-2009, 05:54 AM,
Yes, everyone has scenario files.
05-20-2009, 05:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-20-2009, 06:01 AM by Huib Versloot.)
What happens if you open the bte file you sent, same thing? You should be able to do that at the first turn since your opponents have not set a password yet.

I would recommend restarting the thing
05-20-2009, 06:22 AM,
You could zip up the bte file and scenario files tyo me and I could take a peek when I get home tonight.

jasonpetho
at
hotmail

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
05-20-2009, 08:59 AM,
I am playing this with Jim. After our opponents managed to finish the turn and send it back as a .zip, a .rar, and as a .bte, I tried to use the .zip version. I unzipped it but was unable to get it to run. I downloaded the .bte file and moved it to the EF folder and the turn played without any problems. The replay went off without any issues and i was not able to see any un-spotted enemy units. It looks like a corrupted file problem. We will send our turn back as a .zip and a .bte and see if our opponents have the same problems.

Rob
05-26-2009, 02:48 PM,
maybe one of you has a funky install? maybe a mod?..thats a fun game. Even very playable one on one. But there is no reason i can think think of other then a local issue.
The biggest insult to human intelligence which is considerable in my opinion. Is the notion that the universe made itself. Has anyone ever see a star form? Come on people. what will they tell us now? The earth is flat?