• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

daughter got on computer & now I am missing my status bar
05-18-2009, 01:37 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-18-2009, 04:50 AM by Big Dawg.)
daughter got on computer & now I am missing my status bar
If you have a pre-teen or teen age daughter who has seen the movie TWILIGHT you need to watch your computer closely.

My daughter downloaded all of these photos of some vampire character she is now in love with. Oh God please spare me! Eek

Anyway I found my screen saver with some character who looks very effeminate to me (not that there is anything wrong with it). :eek1:

At bottom of screen I have the 22 icons, but I am missing the status bar.
See page 30 of the CS manual.

It displays the turn & also lets me know if I have smoke rounds.

4.14 The Status Bar

Located beneath the Tool Bar, the Status displays the nationality symbol(s) of the current player, a “thermometer” graphic for the current turn compared to the total number
of turns in the scenario,
an indicator displaying how many “smoke” artillery missions remain for the phasing side, whether
the current turn is Allied or Axis, and the hex coordinates of the hex that is currently selected.
In addition to the Tool Bar, there are numerous Hot Keys that will ease your game play. For a
complete list of the various Hot Keys and their functions, refer to the back cover of this manual,

I bet it has something to do with display settings but am at a loss as how to resolve the problem.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Quote this message in a reply
05-18-2009, 01:40 AM,
RE: pre-teen daughter got on computer & now some settings are screwed up. Help requested
Big Dawg, feel your pain. Think same thing going on with my map editor.
Send this user an email
05-18-2009, 04:45 AM,
RE: pre-teen daughter got on computer & now some settings are screwed up. Help requested
At bottom of screen I have the 22 icons, but I am missing the status bar.
See page 30 of the CS manual.

It displays the turn & also lets me know if I have smoke rounds.

4.14 The Status Bar
Located beneath the Tool Bar, the Status displays the nationality symbol(s) of the current player, a
“thermometer” graphic for the current turn compared to the total number
of turns in the scenario,
an indicator displaying how many “smoke” artillery missions remain for the phasing side, whether
the current turn is Allied or Axis, and the hex coordinates of the hex that is currently selected.
In addition to the Tool Bar, there are numerous Hot Keys that will ease your game play. For a
complete list of the various Hot Keys and their functions, refer to the back cover of this manual,
05-18-2009, 06:47 AM,
RE: daughter got on computer & now I am missing my status bar
Pre-teen eh!..........wait till it's full teen...........things only get more interesting :-)

VE
"The secret to success is not just doing the things you enjoy but rather enjoying everything that you do."
05-18-2009, 01:32 PM,
When your daughter becomes a teenager, you'll look back fondly on the days when messing up your computer was her biggest mistake.

It may be time for the Geek Squad.
05-19-2009, 02:35 AM,
bd:

Do you see the current hex co-ords in the bottom left of the screen?

If not, use your monitor controls to move the screen "up" the monitor. If the status bar and hex co-ords check to make sure that the menu bar is still visible.

It may simply be that the monitor needs to be centered. Most monitors have an auto-adjust feature that centers them automatically.

umbro
05-19-2009, 03:02 AM,
She might have messed up your screen resolution if she installed something, especially a screen saver or background. In XP: start menu - control panels - display: and on the top tabs "settings". Choose at least 800 x 600, but 1024x768 would probably be best. Higher still if you have a flat panel high-def monitor.

In Vista, start menu - control panel - personalization - display settings.

You can also reset the screen savers and background images in the same place.

Just remember what the settings are before you start screwing around, in case you have to put them back the way they were, but you can't do anything that can't be undone.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
05-19-2009, 07:59 AM,
Scud,

That was it! Thanks.

Umbro, Thanks for the reply as well.