• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

# Grand Campaign by Indragnir
05-14-2009, 09:23 PM,
# Grand Campaign by Indragnir
Guy's I've got into a rather embarrassing position by trying to start a PBEM campaign game with the wrong default and optional rules selected.
I printed out the notes for # Grand Campaign and started the game with the recommend rules from the game notes. If I made a mistake here I apoligise but I only saw one of the Alt Resolution rules selected.
Now the minuite my opponent point out my MISTAKE I checked the HPS OPS Mod Scenario List located in this Forum and the scenario download notes STRESS the importance of using all four Alt Resolution rules. OK problem solved.
But could someone post a list here of exactly which rules are to be used for this Mod.
Second point, this scenario builds on the one by John Sowden in which a rake of carpet bombers are available at various stages. In his notes my understanding is they are allocated to bomb specific hexes when they become available. Therefore they should be employed in the same manner in this campaign, NOT AS CLOSE AIR SUPPORT, is this correct as I again see no mention of this in the game notes.
Please feel free to respond as we wish to start the campaign ASAP.
Quote this message in a reply
05-14-2009, 11:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-14-2009, 11:56 PM by Indragnir.)
RE: # Grand Campaign by Indragnir
Hi,

I was working on a new version (artillery were causing too much casualties, small units on protective terrain almost imprevious to enemy fire), you cand download it here.

I haven't upload that files earlier because I'm thinking about streaming a little the counter density, however it will take a lot of time, time I haven't right now.

So, use only assault resolution rule (from former 4 alt resolution rules)
Should be played with that Rules: Alternative Assault Resolution, Artillery setup, Low Visibility Air Effects, Counterbattery Fire, Night Fatigue, Programmed Weather, Limited Air Recon.
Explicit Supply is recomended.

About carpet bombers, yes they should be used against pre-set areas.

Here it is the main changes:
Changes from 1.2 to 1.3: (Thanks to Von Nev).
-Fixed Beach fire effect value to 200% from 10%
-Change all DD Sherman companies to “normal” Sherman companies (removing amphibious)
-Fixed Centaur treated like artillery units instead tanks.
-Standarized Ship ratings.
-Set Stockpiling to 0%
-Raised Axis Arrival Reinforcement Value from 10-20% to 40% (mostly)
-Fixing some minor errors.
-Added bunker/pillboxes East and West of Caen.
-Lowered maximum stack limitation to 1000.
-Lowered Allied Air Interdiction to 25% from 30%.

Attached Files
.zip   GRAND CAMPAIGN.zip (Size: 267.01 KB / Downloads: 8)
05-15-2009, 08:50 AM,
New files placed on the post for this scenario at the Mods sub-forum. ;)
05-16-2009, 03:27 PM,
And here is the link to that thread in the mods forum.

The Grand Campaign

Dog Soldier