• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Ai movement
05-10-2009, 08:55 PM,
Thumbs_Up  Ai movement
OMG !! I have just worked out how it works.Makes life easy now moving all my rear troops up to the front line. It pays to read the instructions lol
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2009, 09:35 PM,
RE: Ai movement
yeah but the AI isn't that smart... it move the division on the "Arrow path" without regarding Roads, Forests, streams, ect....

unless that my rear area is a plain with "Clear" Hexes, i don't usually trust the AI to move.
Dany "BigBlock" Sakr
Beirut / Lebanon
Send this user an email
05-11-2009, 12:47 AM,
I think if you keep the distance short its to bad.
05-11-2009, 04:42 AM,
I use it during campaigns to move up some of the rear units (such as the Russians in Kursk '43 campaign). I really get tired of moving all the infantry divisions forward each turn so AI movement works very nice. :) I give them a "safe" destination behind the front and take over from there of course.
Send this user an email
05-11-2009, 06:27 AM,
There is AI movements and Divionsonal movement. The later is not an execute and forget, but it does work rather nicely I think. Be sure to check out both kinds.

Glenn
Send this user an email
05-13-2009, 05:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2009, 05:14 AM by Hank.)
Volcano Man Wrote:I use it during campaigns to move up some of the rear units (such as the Russians in Kursk '43 campaign). I really get tired of moving all the infantry divisions forward each turn so AI movement works very nice. :) I give them a "safe" destination behind the front and take over from there of course.

I use both but I tend to prefer Divisional movement. Its more work than the AI movement but not nearly as much as manual movement. A good compromise.

I would like to see the AI Firing broken down into Artillery and Direct fire so I could implement a front wide artillery barrage w/o all the troops and armor firing too. ... but I can only wish

(VM, SB Pro PE is still eating at me. I'm on the verge of jumping.)
05-13-2009, 05:59 AM,
Its good with just moving one unit at a time, it saves alot of mouse clicking.
05-13-2009, 08:09 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-13-2009, 08:11 AM by Volcano Man.)
Hank Wrote:I use both but I tend to prefer Divisional movement. Its more work than the AI movement but not nearly as much as manual movement. A good compromise.

Yes I use both as well. Divisional movement is vital of course, I only use the AI movement for when I need to move reserve formations a long way to the front line, otherwise you have to devote another hour or so to the large campaign turns.

Hank Wrote:(VM, SB Pro PE is still eating at me. I'm on the verge of jumping.)

Give in to the dark side. It is your destiny. ;)
Send this user an email