• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Award Ceremony-Ozgur Budak
05-01-2009, 11:40 PM,
Award Ceremony-Ozgur Budak
It is my honor and privilege to award Ozgur Budak the Scenario Designer Award for his outstanding scenario design work on both commercial (Soviet-Afghan War, Winter War) and post-release (Advance of the Reich, Eagle's Strike, Korea, Africa at War and Arab-Israeli Wars) Squad Battles titles.

I don't think a mere award can describe Oz's impact on the SB community. If you've played any of the scenarios he's designed, you understand that his overall knowledge of the subject matter, his expertise with the game engine, and his tactical skill all mesh into making some of the finest scenarios in the SB database. His body of work has helped lead the SB renaissance we are currently experiencing, and I've been honored to get to know him over the last several years.

An award richly deserved, and one I hope will continue long into the future.
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
Quote this message in a reply
05-02-2009, 02:16 AM,
RE: Award Ceremony-Ozgur Budak
Congratulations. A well deserved award. cheers
05-02-2009, 02:30 AM,
Congratulations, keep the good work cheers:bow:
05-02-2009, 04:05 AM,
Congratulations ... and thanks for your efforts!
05-02-2009, 08:01 AM,
Thank you very much for this distinct honor Alan. The real pleasure and honor is being part of such a fine community. I do hope we will share many years of SB gaming and designing. I also have to mention the name of Rich Hamilton who gave me the opportunity to serve the game I love so much. Many thanks guys.
05-02-2009, 08:35 AM,
Another great way to get to know this GREAT designer and friend of wargaming near and far is to engage him in a game or three of Squad Battles. I laugh because he can take any scenario, any side, then get mirror wins playing as either opponent. But he is never brash, he never demeans, he just "helps" you to learn from the arse-kicking he deals out. It is always fun to play/lose to him as even rookies like me can pick up a tip or two from him.

I other words, I either give up a major victory or suffer a major defeat everytime but it is the most fun you can have losing! Ha.

Ozgur...you are a great asset to wargaming in general and the Blitz in particular. Thanks for all.
05-02-2009, 09:28 AM,
Go Oz, Go Oz!
05-02-2009, 10:05 AM,
Congratulations! I can't wait to see the next SQB game with your scenarios.

I'm a hussar, I'm a Hun,  I'm a wretched Englishman
Routing Bonaparte at Waterloo
I'm a dragoon on a dun, I'm a Cossack on the run
I'm a horse soldier, timeless, through and through

Corb Lund - Horse Soldier, Horse Soldier

05-12-2009, 05:08 AM,
:) A fitting award for an excellent designer. Congratulations Oz.

Thank you for giving us some superb scenarios. I very much enjoy your designs and always look forward to getting my teeth into them.

Cheers Oz cheers

Nik
05-12-2009, 08:48 AM,
congrats oz, hope to play your maps in future sb games.