• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Book reprint?
04-09-2009, 07:31 AM,
Book reprint?
I'm posting this for a publisher, please respond to their email at the end of the message if you are interested. I see good books as closely related to our historical gaming hobby, so like to support this stuff as much as I am able. - Rich

In recognition of the two-hundredth anniversary of Napoleon's 1809 campaign in Bavaria, we are considering whether to issue a reprint of Crisis on the Danube in a quality paperback edition. It does not seem so long ago that David Chandler wrote: "By any standard this is a thrilling period of military history, and the author does it full justice in what must be one of the most thorough accounts and analyses to have appeared in recent years." But, it has been out of print for over 15 years while readers continue to inquire, and we are horrified to see what a used copy fetches on eBay. The text will remain essentially the same, and we will enhance some of the maps. Before making our decision, we are surveying our customers to ask whether you or your friends would be interested in purchasing the proposed new release. The projected price will fall between $22 and $25. It may be that in this economy the idea of publishing a boutique Napoleonic book is unsustainable. Your responses will help us determine whether to publish and the size and timing of the initial print run.

Send a note to - [email protected]

BTW - please feel free to post / spread this to any forum or mailing list you are part of. Obviously the more support the greater the chance they will print it.
Quote this message in a reply
04-09-2009, 08:28 PM,
RE: Book reprint?
HiHi

C&P to Matrix CoG EE forum, hope it helps.

All the Best
Peter
05-18-2009, 12:59 AM,
RE: Book reprint?
I'm on the list and will be happy to have it (twice read via interlibrary loan) finally on my bookshelf.