• redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

How many people play PzC/MC?
03-08-2009, 12:45 AM,
c_Question Mark  How many people play PzC/MC?
It is a question i often wonder about, we guess that the active PzC/MC players on this ladder may be in the low hundreds, the only stats we have are that 713 players registered to this ladder and that since Volcano Man's site opened a year ago 1751 players have registered there, but while i imagine most of the players went there for PzC/MC downloads, his site covers all the various HPS series available.

HPS will not say how many titles they sell, so i suppose we will never know for sure? :chin: ;)
Quote this message in a reply
03-08-2009, 01:56 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-08-2009, 02:11 AM by FLG.)
RE: How many people play PzC/MC?
If memory serves me correctly HPS has released at least three, if not four, ACW titles since Budapest. This would suggest that this is currently HPS's cash cow rather than PzC's or MC's.
03-08-2009, 04:53 AM,
Budapest '45 was released on 6 April 2007 along with Civil War: Atlanta. If I counted right since that that time there have been 1 MC game, 3 CW games 3 SqB games, 1 Ancient War game, 1 Modern Air Battle game along with Mexican-American War and Musket and Pike released.
03-08-2009, 05:08 AM,
From what I know of HPS (which admittedly isn't all that much) they don't release games with that kind of strategy in mind. Games are released in the series as the development teams get them ready. For example, there were PzC titles that I helped work on for Glenn back in 2005 that have still not been released, I presume because they just couldn't get them where they needed to be. Other titles entered and exited development in just 4-6 months and hit the streets. I assume the other product lines work similar to PzC and MC games though and the titles are all developed relatively in parallel and released when ready and not with a design to capitalize on any trends that we may perceive being there.
03-08-2009, 07:09 AM,
I have to agree with sg on this one. Release of a title really comes down to two things.
  1. Availability of resources. Research material and labor.
  2. Is the title up to the high standards HPS has for release.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
03-08-2009, 07:11 AM,
As this subject comes up for discussion so much i have started a new thread. ;)