• Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

New title: Musket & Pike : The Renaissance
03-06-2009, 05:25 PM,
New title: Musket & Pike : The Renaissance
Not 100% sure if this is the correct place for this post.....:chin:

Musket & Pike : The Renaissance

Introduction and Overview
The Renaissance covers a century of warfare, from the close of the Medieval era to the eve of the Thirty Years War.
The period starts with the French invasion of Italy in 1494 with the armies still largely Medieval in weaponry and organization.
While firearms and artillery are present on the battlefield they have yet to secure a dominant tactical role.
However, by the close of the sixteenth century, traditional missile weapons such as the longbow and crossbow had been supplanted by arquebuses, muskets and pistols, while the proportion of firearms to pike had greatly increased. The pike was once the primary infantry weapon for many armies, often a decisive battle-winner in the hands of professional Swiss and Landsknecht mercenaries. By the close of the period it was retained primarily as a protection against cavalry, a role it continued to perform for another century until the invention of the bayonet made it redundant. Meanwhile, artillery was beginning to dominate the battlefield.

With The Renaissance, you can refight the Italian Wars between France, Spain and the Habsburgs, as well as cross swords in the various Anglo-Scottish battles of the 16th century, or lead Ottoman armies against Persians, Mamelukes and Western Christendom.
Experience the pike & shot warfare of the French Wars of Religion and the Dutch Revolt against Spanish rule.
These conflicts involve a wide range of different troop types and weaponry, providing a diverse and rewarding gaming experience.

Features and Scenarios:
112 stand alone scenarios and 5 campaigns to choose from
with another 115 scenarios specifically for the campaigns: Dutch Revolution - Flodden - Fornova - French Wars of Religion – Italy Campaign 1515-1525
A wide sampling of battles from small to large actions.
60 unique maps ranging in size from 480 hexes to 76,800 hexes providing ample ground for scenario designers to create their own actions.
Scenario Editor so that existing scenarios can be altered or new ones created.
Campaign Editor
8 detailed manuals in pdf format, totalling 240 pages
Battles include -chronologically- (local names)
Seminara, 28 June 1495
Fornova, 6 July 1495
Cerignola, 21 April 1503
Knockdoe, 19 August 1504
Agnadello, 14 May 1509
Ravenna, 11 April 1512
Novara, 6 June 1513
Guingate (Battle of the Spurs), 16 August 1513
Flodden, 9 September 1513
Chaldiran, 23 August 1514
Marignano, 13-14 September 1515
Marj Dabik, 24 August 1516
Raydaniyah, 23 January 1517
Bicocca, 27 April 1522
Pavia, 24 February 1525
Mohacs, 29 August 1526
Wien, 12 October 1529
Solway Moss, 24 November 1542
Cerisoles, 14 April 1544
Boulogne, 21 July 1544
Ancrum Moor, 12 February 1545
Pinkie Cleuch, 10 September 1547
Marciano-Scannagallo, 2 August 1554
St Quentin, 10 August 1557
Calais, 3 - 8 January 1558
Gravelines, 13 July 1558
Dreux, 19 December 1562
St Denis, 10 - 11 November 1567
Langside, 13 May 1568
Heiligerlee, 23 May 1568
Jemmingen, 21 July 1568
Jodoigne, 20 October 1568
Jarnac, 13 March 1569
Moncontour, 3 October 1569
Mookerheyde, 15 April 1574
Gemblours, 31 January 1578
Alcántara, 25 August 1580
Coutras, 20 October 1587
Arques, 21 September 1589
Ivry, 14 March 1590
Turnhout, 24 January 1597
Nieuwpoort, 2 July 1600
Kokenhausen, 23 June 1601
The Renaissance has 2D zoom in and zoom out modes and a large Units.bmp file to represent the vast array of forces covered in this title.

This title is the first in a new series of games by John Tiller and his team, called “Musket & Pike”.
Fans of the other pre-twentieth century games offered by Mr. Tiller will feel a sense of familiarity in this new engine, but there are also quite a few differences from anything produced before,

Engine improvements include:
A vastly expanded style of OOB that allows for many attributes to be set on a unit by unit basis instead of globally, such as:
Movement allowance
Victory point value
Melee bonus value
Armored value

26 different weapon types, plus a new weapon.dat file allowing customization.

Multiple additions to the PDT file for weapon flags such as:
Soft & hard targets
Reduced melee effectiveness
Can fire indirect
Single use
Requires setup
No defensive fire
Earthworks, trenches & abattis.

Ability to reflect army coalitions of 8 to 7, with a maximum of 3 to 2 armies facing off in any given OOB .
Quote this message in a reply
03-06-2009, 09:08 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-06-2009, 09:09 PM by Xaver.)
RE: New title: Musket & Pike : The Renaissance
OOOOOO great title, i want it, when i contact with my dealer i buy it Big Grin

A little question, in a spanish forum of wargames a mate ask if the game only have 2D, you dont say nothing about 3D view.... when Rahamy put the entry in his blog i ask him for more information :whis:

PD: command the Tercios in Flandes is a great notice, and as i can see the game use the napoleonic engine (SB SCW arent in my house because dont like the engine) great look hava the game :bow:

PD2: more information pleeeeease :hissy:
03-07-2009, 09:28 AM,
Xaver Wrote:A little question, in a spanish forum of wargames a mate ask if the game only have 2D, you dont say nothing about 3D view.... when Rahamy put the entry in his blog i ask him for more information :whis:

I am petty sure (but not 100% certain) that is is 2D only.

I loaded the game and had a quick look - didn't see any 3D for sure.

Glenn
Send this user an email
03-07-2009, 09:43 PM,
Thanks Glenn, Rahamy answer me in his blog, the 3D work isnt finished, say that they can upload it when end it, like in a SB title.

PD: when i leave the carnage of "Perros Ingleses" (British Dogs) in ETW i expects buy Renacimiento :whis:
03-09-2009, 07:07 AM,
I'm very much excited by this title. Ordered this morning.

Good question about the graphics. I was wondering that myself.

It definitely needs 3d graphics. I tend to use a mix of 3d and 2d when playing all but Squad Battles when playing the Tiller titles. To me the 3d in the Nappy series is a big plus.

By the sound of it the 3d are going to be added in a later patch which is good.

The spread of scenarios in this title is impressive. Can't wait to see how it plays out.
03-09-2009, 06:50 PM,
Hi Nikb, a little question, you use 3D art work for Nap??? if you dont use it see the link ;)

http://forums.gamesquad.com/downloads.ph...le&id=1966

PD: there are other grafic mod made by Lee Scott but is missing :mad:
03-11-2009, 04:51 AM,
Well, my game is in the way, expect pirates dont intercept the galleon where is coming the game from the "New World" :whis: Big Grin
03-11-2009, 05:02 AM,
Xaver Wrote:Well, my game is in the way, expect pirates dont intercept the galleon where is coming the game from the "New World" :whis: Big Grin

You shouldn't have a problem, unless the boat is going past the coast of Somalia.
03-11-2009, 08:12 PM,
Ummm i dont ask if the Galleon use the Philipines rute or the Atlantic rute... but i expect they have arcabuces and can defeat Somalian pirates Big Grin
03-15-2009, 11:17 AM,
I love the era, but will hold off buying until the 3D graphics are in. For all pre-modern games I use 3D as first view, and it would be a double shame not to have 3D for this era when armies were so colorful and distinctive looking.