• Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Operation Badr AIW
02-04-2009, 08:42 AM,
Operation Badr AIW
I am hoping Ironx or someone can help.

I am half way through this PBEM scenario and I am getting "error writing file" message when I try to advance the turn. If I then try to save it says the same thing. "File writing error. I have had something similar before with SAW games but on my opponents reply, it then works ok. But this time my opponent cannot play the file.

Really enjoying the game too, it's great fun to play.
Quote this message in a reply
02-04-2009, 08:54 AM, (This post was last modified: 02-04-2009, 08:56 AM by IronX.)
RE: Operation Badr AIW
Not sure about that one. I don't know whether it's possible to rename the save file to something else. It sounds like the file could be corrupted.
For updates on my mods, visit IronX Mods Blog.
02-04-2009, 11:45 PM,
When you exchange files with your opponent, do you typically Zip/Compress them into a folder before you EMAIL it? Early on in my SB tenure, I was advised that this can aid in preventing the battle files from corrupting. This advice may be a little late for this situation, but it's a trick that all guys I play use, and I haven't had a file corrupt in a couple of years. Occasionally I'll get an 'reading file error', which usually affects watching the playback, but the game can continue forward.

A
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
02-05-2009, 03:16 AM,
Hi Both

We have been exchanging the game via zip file. I just tried saving with a new name and this does not work, '"error writing file" again. Starting a new game and saving and advancing turn works. I can only conclude that the file has become corrupted for this game as Ironx suggested.
02-05-2009, 04:53 AM,
Yeah, sounds that way. I've been pretty lucky and haven't had a game file corrupt so badly that it wouldn't work. (knocking on wood)
Site Commander: Task Force Echo 4
02-06-2009, 05:41 AM,
We have stepped back a couple of turns and all seems ok now.
02-06-2009, 09:00 AM,
Good news! Be interested to hear who wins the scenario when you're done!
For updates on my mods, visit IronX Mods Blog.
02-07-2009, 06:38 AM,
Well, at the moment we are on a draw with about four turns to go. Egyptians have captured the South East Trenches and a lot of Israelis have got scorched. The tanks smoke dispensers helped during the approach. But the South West defenses are still intact apart from the barbed wire which we blew a hole through. Great fun.