• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

To all my opponents
01-13-2009, 09:27 AM,
To all my opponents
Following the debacle that has gone on in the message board, I'm afraid I have no desire to continue devoting my time to the games I'm currently playing and ask you to report major victories against me.
I always played for the fun and that is getting drained away by trying to be involved in discussions that turn into a 'bar-room brawl'
My apologies to you all for the inconvenience but I need a break away from here for a while.
regards
Peter
01-13-2009, 09:42 AM,
RE: To all my opponents
If this is a barroom brawl, I'm in Big trouble, as I'm still not sure who the "Home team" is.
01-13-2009, 11:35 AM,
Bar room brawl? Not hardly.
Children on the playground with one taking his ball and running home to Mama is more like it.
If you did not want discussion you should have not discussed or attacked?

The heat and the kitchen come to mind? Sounds like you need a break.

RR
01-13-2009, 04:27 PM,
My oh my,you had to even chime in on this post Ed !
It was headed, 'to all my opponents'.
Oh, and nothing to do with heat and kitchen, just got better things to do.
01-13-2009, 06:25 PM,
I am sorry to see you go Pete, but if you want to take a break thats upto you.

I hope you come back to the game soon.

Regards.
Antoni ChmielowskigGames Played : WiTP-AE, TOAW3,Gary Grigsbys War in The East/ War In The West
01-13-2009, 08:54 PM,
glint Wrote:My oh my,you had to even chime in on this post Ed !
It was headed, 'to all my opponents'.
Oh, and nothing to do with heat and kitchen, just got better things to do.

Is this a public forum or just exclusive of me?
You are taking your ball and going. Take the break you need.
I'm not sure how many opponents you are currently playing but, if you did not want public comments on the public forums you could have sent a few e-mails? :conf:

Ta ta!

RR
01-13-2009, 11:21 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-13-2009, 11:21 PM by Kool Kat.)
Sorry to see you go Peter, but I understand your sentiments. :(

I share them too!

Frankly, I've grown tired of stopping by the Blitz CS forums... and reading another thread tirade of personal attacks, name calling, bickering, etc.

I too have stopped my CS game playing and am going to take a break from both the game and these forums.

It has really soured things for me. :(

Cya guys later... sometime.

- Mike (mwest)
Regards, Mike / "A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week." - George S. Patton /
Send this user an email
01-13-2009, 11:35 PM,
MrRoadrunner Wrote:Children on the playground with one taking his ball and running home to Mama is more like it.
---
Is this a public forum or just exclusive of me?

Keep it up and you'll soon be the only one left.

Glint announces that he leaves the forum and you take the opportunity to give him a couple of kicks in the back on the way out. That's really low.

And this is from Mr Holier-than-thou, who is always the victim and never attacks anyone.
Divided Ground no-CD & DGVN exe: here

[Image: FARibbon.jpg]
01-14-2009, 01:00 AM,
For Glint and all others that decide to leave. Rather than give it up, why not just tell your opps that you need a break to make up your minds about playing or not. A couple of weeks to a month, save your games in case you decide to continue after your break. And if not, then go ahead and give it up then. Real life issues interfereing is one thing, to just decide to quit is another. Ask your opps for some time to make sure. It seems most will be obliging. The more people leave, the less chance of having multiple opps and I'm not even back into the CS gaming yet. I'm in PzC/MC and ACW at the ACWGC and SP. I'm also looking at getting back into the CS in due time as well as starting EAW, Ancients (never played one in my entire life) and Naps (always end up trying to fight like it was ACW and getting whooped). Haven't got the hang of Naps yet, but will try and figure it out. Only thing keeping me from being in all of them right now is money on hand, have to get back in small chunks, but getting there.

Take your break. Time will tell if you are sure about giving it up.

cheers
01-14-2009, 01:14 AM,
Just curious and not for nothing, but what does this forum have to do with playing the game? I've played for years and wasn't even a member of the Blitz community until recently.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email