• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Big Boy Talk - CS Forums
01-11-2009, 12:10 AM,
RE: Big Boy Talk - CS Forums
K K Rossokolski Wrote:Guberman...I have to say you reduced Ed's two or three paragraphs to eight words,(none wasted) and some well placed dots!!!

Well done. Neither Shakespeare nor George Orwell...two notedly economical users of words...could hardly beat that...........!!

LOL!
There was an American President known for using few words (mostly under three at a time).
Once at a Washington cocktail party he was confronted by a woman who said, "Mr. President, I bet my friend that I could make you speak using more than two word sentences." The President asked, "How much?" The woman stated "$10". The President replied, "You lose." :smoke:

I'm not the President. ;)

cheers
01-11-2009, 06:44 AM,
MrRoadrunner Wrote:Two fingers (sometimes three), neat, with reading lamp, and a $12 or higher cigar. Wing back chair with dogs at my feet. Fire in the fireplace. Lovely! cheers

For me it is two fingers, also neat, of the Balvenie 12year single malt.

Reading lamp.

No cigar, nor dogs.

A few books strewn about my desk and a plethora of printed out sheets from various documents as I try and make sense of these order of battles and to&e's.

No wonder I drink!

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
01-11-2009, 07:19 AM,
MrRoadrunner Wrote:Two fingers (sometimes three), neat, with reading lamp, and a $12 or higher cigar. Wing back chair with dogs at my feet. Fire in the fireplace. Lovely! cheers

Dogs at your feet!!
Fat chance here as the useless b%*tards prefer the sofas or chairs to the floor!!!!
01-11-2009, 07:31 AM,
Ah, Silent Cal an underrated president.
I actually learn something from these forums. The game generates some passion, that says something for it, I suppose.
As for adhominum attacks, as Silent Cal would say, "heck no."
01-11-2009, 07:42 AM,
Big?

oooopps wrong topic.

I did get my very first letter of reprimand in 23 years for sending a smart a$$ reply email to a co-worker.

I decided to have it framed (cheap frame) and placed on the wall right above my work computer.

It sits proudly next to my awards & certifications.
01-11-2009, 08:43 AM,
myself , i have little patience for non sense. make yor point, either we agree or not, i just like to play the game , drink some coffee and every now and then my perfect plan works. hopefully we all learn some things along the way.;)
01-11-2009, 09:01 AM,
Jason Petho Wrote:For me it is two fingers, also neat, of the Balvenie 12year single malt.

Ah, scotch. :)
William Grant, world renowned.

I've never been much for scotch but, I have had bosses who swore by it.
I will raise my glass and do a virtual "clink" against yours. Sip it slow and swirl it. Swallow and enjoy the burn. :smoke:

Salute!

Sort out all those papers. Back to work! Whip (someone has to speak for Jim?)

cheers
01-11-2009, 09:11 AM,
MrRoadrunner Wrote:Salute!

Sort out all those papers. Back to work! Whip (someone has to speak for Jim?)

cheers

Skål!

Various Chinese regimental organizations today.

Good times, good times.

Jason Petho
Send this user an email
01-11-2009, 12:47 PM,
MrRoadrunner Wrote:
K K Rossokolski Wrote:Guberman...I have to say you reduced Ed's two or three paragraphs to eight words,(none wasted) and some well placed dots!!!

Well done. Neither Shakespeare nor George Orwell...two notedly economical users of words...could hardly beat that...........!!

LOL!
There was an American President known for using few words (mostly under three at a time).
Once at a Washington cocktail party he was confronted by a woman who said, "Mr. President, I bet my friend that I could make you speak using more than two word sentences." The President asked, "How much?" The woman stated "$10". The President replied, "You lose." :smoke:

I'm not the President. ;)

cheers

Ah 'Silent' Cal.
For 8 years I lived in Plymouth VT. (His Birth Place) Pop 420 when I was there.
01-11-2009, 08:19 PM,
I don't find you (your words here) repugnant or anything else for that matter, you have your right to your opinion.
I just find it all very sad that to go to these extreme lengths by out typing anyone who disagrees with what is obviously your and some others in this forums vested interest.