• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sound glitch in JTCS
01-06-2009, 05:52 AM,
Sound glitch in JTCS
Hey all, I am playing JTCS 1.04, and I notice that when the British "PIAT" fires, there is no sound. :conf:

Does anyone else have the same problem?

If anyone knows the name of the sound file this unit uses, please speak up. I would not be surprised that if this unit uses the same sound file as the the new panzerfaust units, etc., I would be willing to bet they would have no sound either.

Thanks in advance for the replies.
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
Quote this message in a reply
01-06-2009, 06:22 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2009, 06:23 AM by umbro.)
RE: Sound glitch in JTCS
What sound would you expect when it fires?

"BOING"? :)

umbro
01-06-2009, 07:37 AM,
Lol, no, but there is a rocket-launcher infantry unit (actually severa ldifferent ones) in Divided Ground that makes a kind of "whoosh" sound when it fires - it's really neat. Maybe that sound. It'd be easy to include into the game, imo.

I'm still holding out that there is supposed to be a sound for the PIAT and other "bazooka-class" units (I just made a new infantry classification up!). Big Grin
Thus, what is of supreme importance in war is to attack the enemy's strategy.

Sun Tzu
01-06-2009, 08:00 AM,
Maybe it was because your piat unit was in the woods with no other units around.

That's probably why it did not make a sound. :cheeky:

Thanx!

Hawk
01-06-2009, 09:25 AM,
...or maybe they didn't want to be heard so they coughed REAL loud when they fired, covering up the sound. I do that a lot, especially late at night with my wife when I don't want anyone hearing us having, well, you know, watching TV and stuff.
Resolve then, that on this very ground, with small flags waving and tinny blasts on tiny trumpets, we shall meet the enemy, and not only may he be ours, he may be us. --Walt Kelly
Send this user an email
01-06-2009, 12:14 PM,
4 piats fire!

downg, downg, downg, downg.
01-06-2009, 02:25 PM,
All of my bicyle units make the sound of a helicopter. Now all my opponents know why I play with all of those units, my infantry get around faster than anything on the ground. The look on the other infantry units then we dismount is great. Uh-oh I hear a bicyle comin, I've gotta go.

Chuck
01-08-2009, 06:32 AM,
LOL Real comedian's.Come on guys he's asking for help.Yep dont get me wrong i saw the funny side of all posted.
01-08-2009, 07:38 AM,
Chuck10mtn Wrote:All of my bicyle units make the sound of a helicopter.
Chuck

Psyops...Baseball cards in the spokes to make them sound like motorcycles.
LoL...couldn't resist, but sound file glitches should be fixed.
01-08-2009, 08:27 AM,
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The Projector, Infantry, Anti Tank (PIAT), was one of the earlier anti-tank weapons using a high explosive anti-tank projectile. It was developed by the British starting in 1941, reaching the field in time for the invasion of Sicily in 1943.
The PIAT was an unusual infantry anti-tank weapon. It was comparatively quiet and smokeless, with no backblast. This meant that, unlike the American bazooka or German Panzerfaust and Panzerschreck, it could be fired from an enclosed space, and would not give away its position as soon as the weapon was fired. However, it was more cumbersome than its counterparts, violent to fire, and in many circumstances it could be difficult to reload.

Ed