• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

VM mod, are air strikes random now?
12-31-2008, 07:28 PM,
VM mod, are air strikes random now?
Hi just downloaded vm's mod for kursk...i really like it however I noticed on turn 1 that when I targeted a hex with an air strike (he-111's) on the front line it hit a nearby hex :( and missed (empty) is this part of the mod? thanks in advance.
Quote this message in a reply
12-31-2008, 07:56 PM,
RE: VM mod, are air strikes random now?
I have found if its a carpet bombing air attack, they do some times hit the worng hex. My Russian pilot and his family have been shot for missing the target and blowing hell out of 15 T34,s! lol
12-31-2008, 09:08 PM,
Eek!:eek1: that's food for thought thanks for the heads up I never thought you might hit your own troops,I better be careful with those big 111 squadrons,thanks.
01-01-2009, 12:41 AM,
Bidermann Wrote:My Russian pilot and his family have been shot for missing the target and blowing hell out of 15 T34,s! lol

Now that's a wise decision :laughing:
Dany "BigBlock" Sakr
Beirut / Lebanon
Send this user an email
01-01-2009, 01:20 AM,
Carpet bombers will always have a chance of hitting a nearby hex, and VM has used the setting for level bombers to add a more "historical" result to the use of them, as it was very hard to get them to hit the exact target desired.

As to having a Soviet air unit blast 15 T34s, that is an amazing result for a Soviet bomber, the pilots were on that day for sure, except for mis-identifying the target to hit :).

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
01-01-2009, 11:25 AM,
Yes indeed, you should use those level bombers cautiously in the _Alt, preferably only when you have two or three hexes in between you and the enemy. 1000m is not a large area for a medium level bomber to hit, so I felt that there should be scatter involved.

On the up side, and this is the most important reason, level bombing (carpet bombers) do not adhere to the air strike hex limit and the attack is applied to all targets in a hex. In other words, they are good for high density stacks of many companies trying to avoid disruption, of which the game offers no other real counter.
Send this user an email
01-01-2009, 08:05 PM,
I'll tell you what VM that mod has totally transformed the game for me the art work is great! the rule mods are even better gonna download all mods for all pz'cs...KEEP UP YOUR GOOD WORK!
01-02-2009, 09:28 AM,
Thanks, I am glad you like the art packs and mods. :)
Send this user an email
01-03-2009, 01:57 AM,
Yes these air ideas work very well

I would like to have seen Stuka and IL2 both be more effective against armour though

Michael
01-03-2009, 12:39 PM,
cavalry corps Wrote:Yes these air ideas work very well

I would like to have seen Stuka and IL2 both be more effective against armour though

Michael

I second that plus it would be nice to have a little rudel unit flying around tank busting soviet armour,what he'd get on his first day like 22 t-34's? was his stuka the only one with with cannons been a long time since i read his book.