• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Deception unit Q MC
12-18-2008, 04:42 PM,
Deception unit Q MC
I usually have my deception units in deception so i never noticed but do deception units and or units marked as COM in the oob ever go out of command or low ammo?

Thanks

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
12-18-2008, 05:59 PM,
RE: Deception unit Q MC
Consider that units defined in the OOB as a component as one with a DECEPTION Flag on it are governed by by the rules in covered in the Deception section of the rules. These rules were created for Bulge 44 - PzC #5. There is nothing in those rules which discuss Command or Low Ammo.

There are new Rules for SPECIAL FORCES with MC where it says:
- Change so that Special Forces are always in command and never isolated.

That in D85, SPECIAL FORCES, or US Special Forces in particular are also marked as Deception units should not confuse that the Special Forces capability defined or created for D85 would extend to Deception Units in general.

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-19-2008, 02:26 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-19-2008, 02:26 AM by Aaron.)
Maybe its b/c i just woke up but ur sounding like a doctor :), just tell me if im going to die or not doc. If i understand correctly units FLAGGED for deception NEVER go out of command or low ammo, does this also extend to units who are just COM in the oob without the deception flag?

Thanks Glenn

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
12-19-2008, 08:34 AM,
tazaaron Wrote:Maybe its b/c i just woke up but ur sounding like a doctor :), just tell me if im going to die or not doc. If i understand correctly units FLAGGED for deception NEVER go out of command or low ammo, does this also extend to units who are just COM in the oob without the deception flag?

Thanks Glenn

Aaron

What the Deception Flag does for a unit is defined in the User Guide under deception unit and I just had a look and didn't see anything which would lead me to believe there is some relationship between deception units and low ammo status (but I may have missed something) as defined by the new Special Force rules. These new rules are for SPECIAL FORCES units which in the game are defined in the OOB as a UNIT TYPE. Some Special Forces might also be deception units and that might have confused you perhaps.

FWIW, I've just run a quick test and I ***CAN*** make a deception unit that is NOT Special forces become low in ammo. However a unit with the Deception Flag on (or any other flag like Mine clearing for that matter) has no impact on LOW AMMO. However, a Unit defined as SPECIAL FORCES in the UNIT TYPE would be governed by the rules for Special forces, regardless what flags are ON or off.

I think you are MIXING up FLAGS, and UNIT TYPES

FLAGS are: things like Indirect Fire, Mine Clearing, Deception Units or Para

UNIT TYPES are Special Forces, Infantry or Armour

The rules should document every game function so if you find the deception Flag does something for units that other non deception don't have, and it isn't in the user guide, than it is either a bug or a documentation oversight.

If your confused about something, just make a simple test scn and see how the game functions. If you find that something is not right as defined by the rules, send me the example and I'll have it looked at. That might be faster than trying to explain what you are talking about with various combinations of flags and unit types. My test for instance might not match what you are looking at.

There is nothing in the Doc that I can see about low ammo in the Deception Units section which should tell you there is NO RELATIONSHIP between Low Ammo and Deception unit. If you find there is a relationship than it is likely related to something else like UNIT TYPE.

I hope we are clear now.

Glenn
Send this user an email
12-20-2008, 03:32 AM,
Yes, we r clear thanks again Glenn.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way