• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

A couple of questions
12-14-2008, 08:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2008, 08:52 PM by WARHOG.)
A couple of questions
I've been wondering :chin:

What does "Number of saves exceeds two" mean when I receive a PBEM game turn from my opponent?.
How do I know if they are just replaying their game turn over and over again?

Also, is the "Extreme Assault" option mean you are playing 1.03v. or the new corrected assault rules of 1.04v?

Can anyone please give a brief rundown of the "Variable Visibility" option?

Thanks
Quote this message in a reply
12-14-2008, 11:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2008, 11:43 PM by The Rattler.)
RE: A couple of questions
Extreme assault is optional in 1.04 latest patch version.

Sometimes i cant avoid saving especially with large scenarios in case my computer hangs and freezes and then i lose everything meaning a whole turn restart.....i think its a courtesy thing included so players know when games are being saved multiple times. Any doubts dont play someone i suppose but I never doubted anyone here at the club....a good bunch

variable visibility i havent tried as yet.....but the range of sight can differ randomly from turn to turn i believe......
12-15-2008, 04:05 AM,
In report before your turn is number how many times your opponent saved game. Message "Number of saves exceeds two" is only a sign for you to check it (if you want to).

For me it means nothing except situation when someone have very, very good shooting score and number of saves more than 5 then I'm getting little more suspicious.

But I have a question too. Is “end turn” button count as save game in save counter?
12-15-2008, 06:22 AM,
I don't worry much about "Saved" turns exceeding two in larger scenario's.

"Exceeds two saves" could be three or a hundred, but I seldom see the message in the games I've been playing and often save more than two times in large scenarios.

I haven't had many of my opponents complain about my saved turns, but then, I lose most of the games :-)

Pat

Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day.
Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

12-15-2008, 08:18 PM,
Thanks for answering the first question I had, but what about the question regarding the "Extreme Assault" rules. Which version are you playing if you use the option? 1.03v (terrible) or 1.04v (better)?

For what my opinion is worth I feel the assault rules are not very good in terms of playability and realism. I feel the rules should differentiate between AFV assault (overrunning), and typical infantry assault.

With the"Variable Visibility" option on means that the visibility can and perhaps will change over the course of the scenario?

Thanks again
12-15-2008, 10:54 PM,
Variable visibility yes....will change during the course of scenario.

1.03 had some bugs in it and was fixed with the 1.04 patch. This includes the option to play with extreme assault rules on. Defending units are harder to over-run with extreme assault based on hex fortifications/location and morale of units. Armour faces a penalty for assaulting in towns. A defending unit that is disrupted is no longer certain to be defeated in an assault due to other factors.
I dont mind the assault rules as being disrupted dosent mean an instant over-run capture.....in some situations reported it may seem a bit too extreme though like on a road or clear hex.
regards
s