• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Explicit supply game
12-14-2008, 03:08 AM,
Explicit supply game
Does any one want to play a 20 to 30 turn scenario which includes explicit supply. I have yet to try this in a game. I would prefer something from Moscow or DF85 but will consider anything. Click on my user name to see my profile for a full list of my games.
Quote this message in a reply
12-16-2008, 06:08 AM,
RE: Explicit supply game
Nobody wants to try explicit supply out. You nver know, you might like it.
12-16-2008, 06:58 AM,
I'm interested but my plate is full right now.
12-16-2008, 07:06 AM,
Not really too many scenarios in DF 85 that are about 20-30 turns and with Explicit supply (only 2 AFAIK: "Swatting Flies in the South" (Austria v. WAPA) and "AFNORTH" (NATO vs. WAPA)). Of the two, I have just played the Austrian one PBEM, and as you can see from the thread below, I have some *Ahem* "issues" with the stock AFNORTH scenario. If you are willing to wait a few days for me to finish my scenario variants of the stock DF 85 scenario, we could perhaps play that?
Send this user an email
12-16-2008, 07:10 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-16-2008, 07:12 AM by Zemke.)
I have also been courious about this setting, and would be interested in trying an explicit supply game of D 85. Interested AFNORTH would be fine, or something of simular size and scope.
12-16-2008, 09:19 AM,
I've been playing B'44 Peiper with explicit supply. While not being an expert, and not having played D'85, I can volunteer some advice based on my limited experience.

1. Make sure you keep your command structure in good operating condition.
2. Keep you primary roads in good condition. If a bridge is out repair it. Try to avoid rubble on these routes. The idea is to minimize the movement points expended each hex.
3. The supply unts allow you to focus your supply on key areas. Virtual supply truck rule tends to randomize which units go out of supply.
4. If you don't want your supply unit to give off supply, keep it in travel mode.
12-16-2008, 10:30 AM,
HMCS Rosthern Wrote:4. If you don't want your supply unit to give off supply, keep it in travel mode.
Very important if supply units are not to just disappear without you having any say in who gets what, it may also be necessary to move some of your forces out of the supply range of a deployed supply unit just to prevent them drawing on the supply unit.

If supply is abundant this is not a issue.
12-16-2008, 01:19 PM,
I played JDR Dragoons Landjut mod with explicit supply.It certainly adds an element to the game.There was barely enough to survive on thanks to a couple interdiction strikes and a long supply line.
Explicit supply and Artillery setup balance things out nicely.
12-16-2008, 01:32 PM,
A couple of other suggestions on using explicit supply based on a number of plays with it:

1. If it is late in the day and you have units that are low fuel that have already moved in the current day, don't bother deploying a supply vehicle prior to midnight. It can refuel the low fuel units but a number of them will just go low fuel at midnight again. Best to wait until after the night fuel check to refuel, unless it is an emergency.

2. Similarly, if you have mobile units that haven't moved and it is late in the day, wait until after the fuel check turn to move them - they won't use any fuel if they haven't moved, so it will help save supply for other uses. Of course, emergencies might make this a worse choice than moving, but keep it in mind. I have usually done in the Bulge with the SS Panzer divisions releasing at something like the 2200 turn or just before that, I will wait to move them until after fuel is checked.

Rick
[Image: exercise.png]
12-17-2008, 02:30 AM,
Just to let you know I have decided to take Zemke up on his offer.