• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Graphics bug
12-08-2008, 07:15 AM,
Graphics bug
I have a graphicsbug that is quite disturbing. It only occurs when I am playing TCP-IP and it is stochastic in nature. It occurs about three out of four TCP-IP games.

Is anyone aware of a solution I would be glad to hear it.

It looks like this:

[Image: NyttBitmappsbild.jpg]
Quote this message in a reply
12-08-2008, 11:34 AM,
RE: Graphics bug
Graphics card? I will look around and see what I can find. Have you tried ALT-Tab 'ing out of the game then getting back in?
12-08-2008, 01:38 PM,
This happens to me if I alt-tab to minimize the screen to check on something. When I return to the game it has that and will until I exit the game and restart it.
12-08-2008, 07:00 PM,
This is the advice Lord Bane gave to me when the same thing happened, it is a Hamachi glitch, but perhaps it happens in TCP in any case. Here it is, hope if helps:

"There is also a glitch in the game that happens when using Hamachi that I must tell you about. I am sure you know that you can hit the windows key to minimize your CM game while it is running. For some reason this causes a problem with initially getting started with TCP. Make sure before you start to completely exit the version of CM your using. Then start the game up again. Do not use the windows key to minimize the game again until AFTER your opponent and you have successfully linked up. If you do, then the tool bars section of the game screen at the bottom will most likely be blacked out and you will have to exit and try it again. Not a big deal but it will save you a couple attempts to get it right if you keep that in mind."
12-09-2008, 05:20 AM,
Graphics card: ATI RADEON 9600, 128 MB RAM
Driver: Ati2dvag.dll
Driver version: 6.14.10.6698

I do not generally use Hamchii. So that is not the cause of the problem.

I tried the "ATI Blank Info Boxes fix" posted by Ratzki, the picture above is taken after the application of the fix. It did not affect the frequency of occurance but it did slightly change the character of the bug.

It does not have anything to do with the windowstangent for me.

Restarting between games seem to have no effect of the bugs prevalence.
12-11-2008, 09:59 AM,
It happens in both CMBB and CMAK. Dont have CMBO so I cant answer whether it the bug is occuring in that game as well.