• Caius
  • redboot
  • Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Bolt out of the Blue 4.1 posted
12-01-2008, 11:51 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-22-2009, 04:42 PM by Aaron.)
Bolt out of the Blue 4.1 posted
Bolt 4.1 is posted for those who want it on rapidshare, as before choose free,wait a few seconds then click download. Ive been slowly working on Korea 89 and hope to have done by Christmas, anyone who has Korea 85 and would like to test it when i finish let me know. After some testing ill post for everyone.

Aaron

Changelog will come later ive been in 4 states in 7 days and im going to take another nap.

http://rapidshare.com/files/169474001/Bolt_4-1.zip

4.2 Update 1-21-09 Just the 3 main files.

http://rapidshare.com/files/187498070/Th...e_Blue.zip
Rangers Lead the Way
Quote this message in a reply
12-02-2008, 12:30 AM,
RE: Bolt out of the Blue 4.1 posted
What are the differences between 4.1 and 4.0... droped you an e-mail about playtesting Korea:)
12-02-2008, 08:28 PM,
I looked it over a bit. Like the way that units making amphibious invasions take casualties now. I noticed one minor discrepancy:

-If you exercise the Strategy option of having the NVA 1st MotSch. Division deploy in support of the 5. NVA Army, the division appears on the map as "Fixed" and won´t "UnFix" due to the fact, that the order to "UnFix" the division appears in the game before the division actually shows up!
Send this user an email
12-02-2008, 09:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2008, 09:45 PM by Aaron.)
Was wondering what u were talking about i changed that a few days ago and tested it but it would seem since it was the last thing i did i zipped the before .scn file and not the after, heres the after and ill fix the link.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
12-04-2008, 08:41 AM,
Any thing special to do when installing this? I never tried any of the earlier versions.
Send this user an email
12-04-2008, 10:15 PM,
Sorry for a late reply was busy building a new cpu and things didnt go as they should, had to send the MB back. It happens but wasted alot of free time. The .pdt,.scn and oob dont over right anything so just stick um in, the weather will over right but its the same as the old one with extra days so wont effect other games. Some of the graphics will over write and they go in the same way any others would go in so in the end i would say no nothing special to do.

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
12-04-2008, 10:38 PM,
Aaron,

What about changes log?

Bests
César
12-05-2008, 08:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2008, 11:47 PM by Aaron.)
Wow u ever have one of those weeks, i hope this forum dont crash. I hooked up new speakers today sounded great for 2 min than they crashed and said goodbye. Gooddamn speakers, so far ive somehow killed a MB and a printer and speakers in 4 days, enough venting a changelog and as usual of course i didnt write anything down(yes i know im your favorite) so off the top of my head: dismiss spelling errors ive been hitting the bottle

1. WP changes, combat troop strength. U will notice right away number of combat troops in a WP Bn just like NATO.
2. Tanks, ive a good listing of actual number of tank variants in GSFG and put them in game, they most likely arnt in right units but the important thing is if it said 600 T-64BV u wont find more than that in the game. In mid 80s most T-64 units had 1 co in each BN made up of T-64B, i would guess by 1989 that 1 would be B one A and one BV, Soviets never kept it simple. But if i did that most values would be pretty much the same and i wouldnt be able to use the cool graphics.
3. Nato; Danish lost troops and quality and reinforcement pushed back
Dutch lost quality and reinforcement push back, same for Belgium,some French troops to, all US conus reinforcements push back, they still have chance to show up dame day but that chance has been change from 33% to 20%, same for Canadians and Spanish. Big one is WGerm Terr units,the BDEs where mostly 2/3 active so they stayed quality of 4 but all reg have change to 3.
4. All wheeled units (APC,truck) have faster movement rates on roads and citys ,town ect.
5.Damn i am drunk i have to keep rereading what i wrote. Cheers (im pissed)
6. More Jutland strategy options for the WP
7. I had on some maps the NVA attacking up Jutland, i have also done this, it has solved 2 issues, 1 is Nato had little chance of surviving an attack from the 2nd army, now that the NVA are attacking it makes more of a fight and 2 now u have the whole of the 2nd army attacking West towards Bremen to cut off the Jutland and a much stronger push.
8. The WP player now has the whole of the 8th army attacking into the gap, this should at worst tie down more US units from moving elsewhere and keep him busy. At best kill everyone of those American bastards. (wow just got white screened and somehow came back)( no hate mail please i am an American Ranger and served in 2 wars ( i mean conflicts, oh wait 2 food delivery missions)
9. Ill probably rewrite all of this tomorrow afternoon b/c i dont remember what i wrote and i do know i forgot i few things and i thing the RUM has taken over.

Good day to all and to all a good night

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way
12-05-2008, 10:04 PM,
Hehe i never experienced such things but my brother had such things with his M-4 Rifle he bought some hop-up stuff but this damaged itself in assambly , then the body of the rifle cracked and on the same day battery said good bye:) I only had windows problems so i had to reinstal the demn thing like 4 times in a row...
12-05-2008, 10:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-05-2008, 11:13 PM by Aaron.)
Off subject of course or i wouldnt be following my MO, i had a 1/4 inch of my bolt fly out of the chamber once, what to do, the goddamn thing by looking at it was from vietnam, all i could do was pull out my sidearm, .45 at first then 9mm sidearm at the time, really accurate at about 10 meters (that is metric) after that might as well shot yourself. It was alot damn easier than putting up with this cpu crap. I can speak 3 languages and im typing on a Russian keyboard (special order sorry. sister sent it to her) she is from Moscow and if u watch NASCAR uve seen her, they interview her all the time, funny thing is i met her in a bar. Again i will apologize ive been drinkin a little bit but not over 3/5ths

Aaron
Rangers Lead the Way