• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

World in Flames Game
11-30-2008, 03:43 AM,
World in Flames Game
Anyone seen the development of the game "World in Flames on Matrix Games? It looks like it will really be very good, the entire world at Corps level, a massive project. If it is anywhere near the old paper version with computers doning the durge work, it should really be a great game.

As for the Blitz, where or what forum would this game be listed or would it have it's own separate forum site?
Quote this message in a reply
11-30-2008, 04:49 AM,
RE: World in Flames Game
I have been watching that for years. ADG had it going for 4 or so years before Matrix took it. I even played a beta from 7 years ago. As far as I can see Matrix has not made a big move towards finishing it. The game continues to languish.

I agree it would be the ultimate. WiF was on my table for a little over a year, picked it up last summer. Computer version would be brilliant. Especially because the whole world is covered European scale (South America and all... they had this done for the old beta version).
11-30-2008, 07:10 AM,
Well let me say this. I am a big EIA (the boardgame) fan. So when Matrix did the PC version I and many other were very excited. To cut a very very long story short Matrix released a game that was the worst PC game I have ever played. Amaturish, incomplete, bug riddled, unplayable, total rubbish, they are the words and terms that come immeadiately to mind.

Anyways if they do WIF at a professional level and I get some very good independant reviews I might get interested but I won't be touching any Matrix game again for a long long time.

Also they took about 4 years to do it as well.

It was a disgrace that they actually took peoples money for a game that did not even run properly.

Fiery
11-30-2008, 07:44 AM,
Although i have never paid for a Matrix game, reading posts about various titles that have been released all have the same content, complaints about bugs and the fact that Matrix release the games without proper testing and rely on feedback from the owners to try and sort the bugs out!

Never had those problems with PzC from HPS.
11-30-2008, 09:19 AM,
I think that the work they are doing on computer WiF is a little more thought out then what they did to EiA.
12-01-2008, 06:50 AM,
I have moved this thread over to the General Discussions Forum where it would have more exposure. Discussion of new games not currently part of the frum structure are posted regularly in this forum.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
12-03-2008, 03:05 AM,
I fell in love with World in Flames back in the late 1980s. A dedicated group of gamers I belonged to would meet once a week to play for hours. Never got old.

When I moved away I stopped playing WiF (and board games generally) until I ran into another board gamer and showed him my then dated copy of Wif (version 3), he was hooked too and we played for a few years before kids translated into a lack of space to keep it set up.

He's currently building what he calls "the WiF room" on the back of his house, so maybe it's in my future some day.

As for a PC version of WiF, like others have said, yeah, if it's done right I'm all over it and will squeeze it in here at the Blitz some way some how, but for right now I'm skeptical.

But since we're dreaming, when will I see SPI's Campaign For North Africa on the PC? Big Grin
12-04-2008, 12:30 AM,
OH MY (Steel) GOD!!!! Computer Campaign for North Africa! (drooling)

And War between the States, War in the East, War in the West, Pacific War. The Europa series on pc.

Stopping here before I get a woody! :smoke: