• Rules
  • Chain of Command
  • Members
  • Supported Ladders & Games
  • Downloads

Sherman Dozer
11-27-2008, 01:13 AM,
Sherman Dozer
We had a discussion at Campaign France (a team is working on a mod for Normandy '44) about the Sherman Dozer and realized that if you create an armored unit as engineer (using tracked + engineer) in the oob and give it the attribute of demolition and brigde engineer (if you don't use bridge engineer the unit changes from vehicle to men). It will be able to bridge but won't be able to destroy a anti-tank ditch. It will say "no valid engineer units have been selected for damage".

So if not able to destroy an AT ditch they should be able to fill up the ditch don't you think?

Or am I missing something?
Send this user an email
Quote this message in a reply
11-28-2008, 03:24 AM,
RE: Sherman Dozer
Well I see that a lot of people is interested by that question... Big GrinBig Grin
Send this user an email
11-28-2008, 04:11 AM,
It is the Thanksgiving holiday over here in the states, so many will be at other activities. The MB will pickup in a few days when we recover from the feasting. Party

I always thought the Sherman dozer included in those "men" only engineer units. I did not think of these units as strictly being a bunch of guys with shovels for removing AT ditches. If you wanted to simulate the special vehicle with a counter with one vehicle in it, I think you are on the right track. This may be as far as you can go right now. The system just does not have a way to get there at this time.

Dog Soldier
Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
- Wyatt Earp
11-28-2008, 05:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-28-2008, 05:16 AM by Tortue Agile.)
Quote:It is the Thanksgiving holiday over here in the states, so many will be at other activities. The MB will pickup in a few days when we recover from the feasting.

Big Grin I know, I am in the US. We have a few friends and family coming over tonight. :smoke:

Anyway, I was just wondering why the demolition option works with foot engineer but not with vehicle.
Send this user an email
11-28-2008, 06:22 AM,
Can't you just enable the mine clearing function in the OOB editor??

Marquo
11-28-2008, 07:48 AM,
You can, the "problem" is not with mine clearing but with the destruction of ditch. You can't destroy a ditch with a vehicle marked as engineer.
Send this user an email
11-28-2008, 11:57 PM,
I was looking at the manual and it says:
[Image: clipboard01-tez.jpg]
Send this user an email
11-29-2008, 05:04 PM,
Interesting that a vehicle type unit can not be set with attributes to attack the ditch. My guess is HPS did not foresee the need for such a unit since there were men only engineers to do the task in the OOB. Also there is bridge capability to lay a bridge and cross and AT ditch. Maybe HPS felt that was enough to deal with the obstacle.

Nothing is wrong with your idea, except maybe it is currently outside the scope of the game engine?

To answer that we will need a response from some one at HPS.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp
11-30-2008, 12:25 AM,
well if the fonction is attached to engineer, I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to give the same attribute Big Grin:whis:
Send this user an email
12-01-2008, 06:42 AM,
David,

I agree. It just does not seem to work. Some one at HPS should be able to answer this.

Dog Soldier
- Wyatt Earp